Surreal Moments at City Games

If I remember correctly I think the City team went off after about 5 minutes and got changed In the tunnel. Lots of ironic wolf whistling from the Kippax followed from lots of pissed up blues. We didn't change socks though , so we still had light blue socks with the black and red away kit, didn't really match!
Your probably right I was more than likely that pissed myself to remember the details your right though only changed our shirts.

If I remember correctly I think the City team went off after about 5 minutes and got changed In the tunnel. Lots of ironic wolf whistling from the Kippax followed from lots of pissed up blues. We didn't change socks though , so we still had light blue socks with the black and red away kit, didn't really match!
Wasn’t at that game but recall another game against Spurs when we played in maroon away shirts due to the fog.

Last minute equaliser in the fa cup at Huddersfield when Gidman scored.

Some fan with a broken leg threw a crutch on the pitch in celebration.
Was surreal getting filmed celebrating that goal by guys with cameras in front of our terrace.
But we soon knew why, Operation Omega the lousy barstewards

Oldham at home in a pre season friendly in 1986.

There was plenty of "Baaaa" going on with us calling them sheep staggers. Then one lad get hold of his mate and pretended to bum him whilst going "Baaaaaaaaaaaa".

Was quite funny, well, it was to me who was 12 at the time.

Most surreal and funny moment I remember watching City was a preseason friendly against Rotterdam at Maine Road in 1994. We lost the game 4-2 from what I can remember, however the moment that stuck with me was Peter Beagrie picking up the ball and dribbling at the full back. Suddenly there’s a darting run behind him on the overlap. Beagrie for a split second thinks about the pass to the blue shirt. Except instead of having white shorts on the guy had stonewash jeans, some blue thinks he should be getting a game. He checks his run and starts begging Beagrie for the ball.

The game stops and the intruder on the pitch spends the next few minutes dodging the stewards and runs off into the empty brand new seats of the Kippax.

I was just reading the thread to see if this had been posted. Seemed to last forever and unlike todays wingers, the invader hogged the touchline and was screaming for the ball. Was it not against Feyenoord and we lost 4-2?

Last edited:
I think we played Blackpool at Maine Road in the late 60’s… it was absolutely freezing weather. The Blackpool fans started a fire in the old scoreboard end to try and keep warm. No one batted an eyelid. Imagine that today? No neither can I. Bloody brilliant!

The full on half time Mexican razzamatazz introduction to the crowd of the woeful Nery Castillo who scored no goals in his seven games for us!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.