Surreal Moments at City Games

Late eighties or early nineties Boro midweek away (cup?)game. Unbelievably foggy, you couldn't see the halfway line. One lad had his portable radio out and was giving us updates. Probably would have been called off these days.

I think it was Huddersfield away I think in the FA Cup in the late 80s. A very typical City performance, battering them but couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo. And the ref didn't help!!! It got so bad that a City fan, his leg in plaster up to his hip, threw one of his crutches at the ref, narrowly missing him. It all ends with four burly coppers trying to carry this bloke off down the touchline plaster cast and all!!
Remember it well. Probably the funniest thing I’ve seen at any game.

1st home game of the season in 1990 and the Platt Lane end of the pitch totally fucked from the Bowie concert.
Just sand sprayed green .

Seeing a Platt Lane end full of RAGS at the start of the game being virtually empty with 25 mins still to play

Late eighties or early nineties Boro midweek away (cup?)game. Unbelievably foggy, you couldn't see the halfway line. One lad had his portable radio out and was giving us updates. Probably would have been called off these days.

Derby away, think it was when we lost 6-0 so we occupied ourselves away from the game.
This fat Derby fan in the stand next to us is eating a pie and everytime he went to take a bite, we all did that wwwwoooooooooooooo chant like when the opposition keeper is taking a goal kick, and then roared when he took a bite.
After a couple of bites his mates cottoned on to what we were doing and told him.
He then teased us by going to take a bite as we picked up on the wwwwwoooooooooo and then pulled the pie away at the last second to laughs / boo's all round
When he'd finally finished it off, he was given a rendition of "you fat bastard" and he stood up and took a bow

Sir Joseph of Barton getting sent off for showing his arse to Spurs players or fans who were goading him as he made his way off the pitch at half time 3 - 0 down in the infamous comeback win cup game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.