Surreal Moments at City Games

I think some of the European away games have been surreal, one was Thessalonica, to see City play Aris, the atmosphere was incredible for a small stadium. Before the game started there was a big open space on the terrace behind the goal, which was filled by there Ultras just before kick off, it was all orchestrated. Then a couple of there ultras ran over to our corner to pinch a City flag, but tore the flag in half, ran back to there end and hung it behind the goal like some trophy. (Story of the flag has been told before).
At the end of the game some of the ultras came towards our corner, to be stopped by the riot police, they went on to start a large fire on the terrace behind the goals, something which I have never seen before.

Playing Wolves away Paul Butler the Wolves captain got sent off.
When I got to the minibus taking us back to Manchester he was there waiting. Turns out one of the lads on the bus was his mate. He must of dived in the shower got dressed and fucked off out the ground before the game finished. His manager David Jones iirc at the time must have been livid when he got back to the changing rooms. He went in the piss with us all night.

I think some of the European away games have been surreal, one was Thessalonica, to see City play Aris, the atmosphere was incredible for a small stadium. Before the game started there was a big open space on the terrace behind the goal, which was filled by there Ultras just before kick off, it was all orchestrated. Then a couple of there ultras ran over to our corner to pinch a City flag, but tore the flag in half, ran back to there end and hung it behind the goal like some trophy. (Story of the flag has been told before).
At the end of the game some of the ultras came towards our corner, to be stopped by the riot police, they went on to start a large fire on the terrace behind the goals, something which I have never seen before.
Pitching plastic bottles over fence at us, said to copper who’s shield I was sheltering behind aren’t you going to do owt about this, he just said “they get fed up soon and go home” :-)

The pelican on the roof of the Platt Lane stand...
Reminds me of the 95-96 season home game vs Newcastle.

Just before the start, a magpie which had had its wings clipped by those jolly tricksters in the Toon Army was thrown on the pitch at the old scoreboard end. It took the stewards a while to catch it as it hopped around near the penalty area, the poor thing.

My, my how we all didn't laugh at those Geordie scallywags and their japes.

Sick bastards.

I remember the noise of the Thatcher elbow on Mendes. The daft prick.

James up top against Boro. And Fowler's miss!

Pigeoninho

As a newish American fan, I’ve only been to one game. This year at Stamford Bridge. We were right next to the away section. And seeing Rodri do his knee slide in the rain toward the City fans after his late goal was everything I had hoped for. After watching these players on tv for so long it didn’t even seem real. So totally surreal for me, but probably not the surreal you were looking for!

It’s nothing compared to the experienced you all have had but it will stick with me for a very long time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.