Surreal Moments at City Games

Paul Lake swallowing his tongue vs Leicester in 89 was very surreal and extremely scary.

Remember it was a clash of heads and he started having fits on the floor. Remember Roy Bailey sprinting onto the pitch and the club doctor running down the stairs of the Main Stand.

The whole stadium fell deathly quiet and for the rest of the game there was a really strange atmosphere in the ground as no one had a clue if Lakey was ok.

Thankfully we found out after the game he was ok
14beb798cf3e41471d73dd55289273e4.jpg

Noel and Liam being brought onto the pitch it must have been early 1997/98 - i assume to promote Be Here Now album

Noel gives it the above head clapping, Liam starts the full duck walk to the away fans giving double V signs.

cant find confirmation online because all i get googling is the maine road concert but there are a couple of pictures.

i was in the north stand and just remember it being bizarre.

Do any older blues remember Neil the chef from the midland hotel?used to swing a dead chicken round his head when we scored,everyone else waving scarves and there was Neil swinging his uncooked chicken round his head, it was even included as a question on trivial persuit

Noel and Liam being brought onto the pitch it must have been early 1997/98 - i assume to promote Be Here Now album

Noel gives it the above head clapping, Liam starts the full duck walk to the away fans giving double V signs.

cant find confirmation online because all i get googling is the maine road concert but there are a couple of pictures.

i was in the north stand and just remember it being bizarre.
Think it was the 1st home game of the season v Portsmouth drew 2 2

Paul Lake swallowing his tongue vs Leicester in 89 was very surreal and extremely scary.

Remember it was a clash of heads and he started having fits on the floor. Remember Roy Bailey sprinting onto the pitch and the club doctor running down the stairs of the Main Stand.

The whole stadium fell deathly quiet and for the rest of the game there was a really strange atmosphere in the ground as no one had a clue if Lakey was ok.

Thankfully we found out after the game he was ok
14beb798cf3e41471d73dd55289273e4.jpg
I was at that game, as you say the atmosphere was extremely low key after that.

I'm 99% sure that Bryan Robson also swallowed his tongue at Maine Road a few weeks before or after in a Derby. Anyone else remember that?

I have this strange memory of a game in the Nineties when Mark and Lard had just been given the Radio 1 breakfast show. And for some reason they were paraded round the ground at half-time at celebrate.

I have this strange memory of a game in the Nineties when Mark and Lard had just been given the Radio 1 breakfast show. And for some reason they were paraded round the ground at half-time at celebrate.
Blackpool home? First match in the third tier. Won 3-0.

Used to love those two on the radio. Still listen to Marc Riley on Radio 6 now.

Fulham 5 City 0 in 1985.

4 -0 at half time. Behind the away end, a kids game is taking place with proud parents watching on the touchline.
City fans force their way out of the ground at half time and invade the kids game, getting the ball and having a kickabout while worried parents grab their kids.
Those of us still inside the ground cheering them on, willing to see a goal. Then the police turn up amd its a bit Keystone Cops as they try and round all the Blues up and throw them back in the ground.

Pretty sure it was the Boat Race that day too and Oxford sank (if it wasn't Oxford then my guess it was Cambridge)
Remember that game mate my dad's last away game before he died and yes remember the boat sinking...miss you dad.....CTID...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.