Surreal Moments at City Games

That Europa League campaign gave us: the Poznan, the Alan game, the Aris Thessaloniki fans, and that bizarre 6pm kick-off against Dynamo Kyiv which meant the stadium was half-empty. It had it all. The whole 10/11 season is among my absolute favourites.
Same.

I remember after that Salzburg game people writing ALAN MCFC in the snow in massive letters haha

I remember one of those sit-downs on the terrace at West Brom (late 70s/early 80s?), the West Midlands cops were debating whether to throw out those sitting down!
Think it was the game straight after Malcolm had been sacked away support wasn’t best pleased, we got hammered 3 or 4 none :-(

Same.

I remember after that Salzburg game people writing ALAN MCFC in the snow in massive letters haha
The Aris fans were a great bunch as well. A load of them stayed over in town the night after the game and I got chatting to them in Piccadilly station the next morning. I was on my way to Glasgow and they were on their way to the airport so I ended up coming across a huge group of them on Platform 13/14. A lot of them had surprisingly good English and we just got chatting about Manchester, the Sheikh's takeover, how their flights were on the way here. Very exciting season and was the first time we'd been properly exposed to foreign supporters on a regular basis for years. All felt very cosmopolitan, lol.

Anybody remember villa away in the cup Micahs last min equaliser.?

At half time, in the City end ,,and below the stand , someone opened a door out of curiosity..and walked into the Villa trophy/ boardroom.!!!

Blues piled in to have their photos took in front of The European Cup,sit at the boardroom table all the while shouting in absolute disbelief..we then found a mini fridge with a padlock on it,but that was off quick as a flash and cans of lager were being handed out all around the Boardroom blues..surreal indeed.( we were 1nil down at the time and couldn't have been happier..)

It took ages for dozy Villa security to cotton on,and by then the damage had been done

Crazy at Half time and crazy at Full when Michas header soared in, right in front of away end....I didn't see it as already on my way across the car park but joined in a crazy jig of delight with Blues who had also left early.
Top day out
Yes I remember all of that. Great day. We were in the local boozer all afternoon - took it over. Can anyone remember which one that was?

In the 2011/12 season when we were finally back in the title race, Joe Hart turned round to the home fans in 116 and started asking them the rags score. They dropped points at somewhere like Wigan and our win put it back in our hands with a few games left. It was a night match. It was during the game and we were attacking.

I remember at 18 convincing myself Corradi was an amazing signing.

Life was harder back then.

Also, I dont care if I'm the only one that thinks this, that all blue strip with the white sleeves was fantastic.
Sounds like you have had a few arguments about that kit over the years.

Think it was Swindon at home sometime in the bad days. The Swindon keeper went down injured and was getting treatment. The kippax didn't show much sympathy and were taking the piss. He suddenly jumped up and pushed the physio out of the way, grabbed the ball and booted it as hard as he could into the kippax... then dramatically collapsed again. Proper spat the dummy out tantrum lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.