Surreal Moments at City Games

League Cup V Southend at Roots Hall in 1986.
The shittest 0-0 draw ever. Few minutes to go we score a goal that was so obviously offside. City fan runs on pitch celebrating like we had won the cup!!! Whole ground pissing themselves as he was led away by police.

The surreal crowd noise that was pumped through the speakers circa 2007 to try and lift the atmosphere. Somethings never change.

Spurs at home ref decides our new very sky blue kit is too light blue it’s clashing with Spurs shirts so we run out in second half wearing red and black striped away shirts
If I remember correctly I think the City team went off after about 5 minutes and got changed In the tunnel. Lots of ironic wolf whistling from the Kippax followed from lots of pissed up blues. We didn't change socks though , so we still had light blue socks with the black and red away kit, didn't really match!

League Cup V Southend at Roots Hall in 1986.
The shittest 0-0 draw ever. Few minutes to go we score a goal that was so obviously offside. City fan runs on pitch celebrating like we had won the cup!!! Whole ground pissing themselves as he was led away by police.
Not sure if it was that game or another equally enthralling goalless draw at Wycombe around the same time (also in the League Cup I think)?
I remember we got a corner late In the game and the whole away section erupted, also celebrating like we had won the cup. Changing the words of 'we've won the cup' to 'we've won a corner'!!
Us City fans had a good self deprecating self of humour back in those days...( we certainly needed it!)

Not sure if it was that game or another equally enthralling goalless draw at Wycombe around the same time (also in the League Cup I think)?
I remember we got a corner late In the game and the whole away section erupted, also celebrating like we had won the cup. Changing the words of 'we've won the cup' to 'we've won a corner'!!
Us City fans had a good self deprecating self of humour back in those days...( we certainly needed
Just correcting myself here re the League Cup games at Southend and Wycombe. These were 2 absolutely shocking goalless draws, but they were about 10 years apart (one in the 80s one the 90s) they just seemed to blend in!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.