Surreal Moments at City Games

I did a double take seeing that fox walking up the concrete support of CB Level 3.

That fan running on at Maine Road and tearing up his season ticket in front of Nigel Clough.

That JImmy Bulllard celebration for Hull, after scoring a penalty, mocking their manager Phil Brown.

Think it was a boxing day 5-1 win over Hull that led to Brown doing his HT team talk on the pitch. Was bizarre. Was it 4-0 at HT?! Then Bullard was the next season, great banter from him!

As for Alan...

https://www.mancity.com/citytv/features/2019/october/man-city-dna-17-alan

The same match where Brian Gayle was "dazzled by the floodlights" and missed his header leading to the only goal of the game.
Yep, me and workmate decided to go after work, so we borrowed my dad's old Austin Allegro and made the kick-off with ten minutes to spare.

Another one... just after Justin Fashanu had come out, we were playing Wimbledon at Maine Road

The Kippax were singing to John Fashanu "Does your brother wank you off?"

Vinny Jones marched over and mouthed "No.. I do".. pointing at himself and giving it the wanker hand sign

Fans on the kippax were in fits of laughter and gave him a round of applause

It was about 30 years ago in much less PC correct times. There'd be mass lifetime bans these days

Wasn't that only fools and horses christmas special.?
Not sure if it was Del Boy & Rodney on the pitch mate

However, ET was in the crowd that day, which was also quite surreal, especially when he was giving the v’s with his long gnarly fingers to a female copper, whom I seem to remember was stopping him from climbing the fence to join Batman & Robin on the pitch :)

Game v Birmingham City at Maine Road 1982
The Match is stopped as a dog runs on the pitch. It pissed on a goal post in the North Stand and sprinted in front of the Kippax to Platt Lane where it cocked its leg up on a goal post there.
It gave the aged stewards a right run around with scenes out of Benny Hill and the crowd roaring with laughter and then a load of lads jumped on the pitch from the Main Stand to catch it.
It was left to Joe Corrigan to entice the dog to come and get the match ball before he caught it.
The game was an awful 0-0 and the dog got man of the match!
FB_IMG_1701787156194.jpg
FB_IMG_1701787165085.jpg
FB_IMG_1701787143315.jpg

Last edited:
Game v Birmingham City at Maine Road 1982
The Match is stopped as a dog runs on the pitch. It pissed on a goal post in the North Stand and sprinted in front of the Kippax to Platt Lane where it cocked its leg up on a goal post there.
It gave the aged stewards a right run around with scenes out of Benny Hill and the crowd roaring with laughter and then a load of lads jumped on the pitch from the Main Stand to catch it.
It was left to Joe Corrigan to entice the dog to come and get the match ball before he caught it.
The game was an awful 0-0 and the dog got man of the match!
View attachment 100526
View attachment 100528
View attachment 100525
Then when the dog had been removed & the game went back to being dull & boring the kippax sang "We want the dog back!"

Last edited:
Another one... just after Justin Fashanu had come out, we were playing Wimbledon at Maine Road

The Kippax were singing to John Fashanu "Does your brother wank you off?"

Vinny Jones marched over and mouthed "No.. I do".. pointing at himself and giving it the wanker hand sign

Fans on the kippax were in fits of laughter and gave him a round of applause

It was about 30 years ago in much less PC correct times. There'd be mass lifetime bans these days
Fair play to Vinny there for protecting his teammate.

Sounds like you have had a few arguments about that kit over the years.
Not really. I just remember really liking it when I was younger and I still like it now, but I see people get borderline furious about it here whenever it appears.

Plus the perennial crying about blue shorts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.