Sven Goran Eriksson diagnosed with terminal cancer

I give them credit for it but it still doesn't stop me being a tad cynical about the club.
Nothing to be cynical about here. In his interview revealing his illness and prognosis, he said one of his regrets was never managing Liverpool. His dad, who is still alive, supports them as does Sven.

He asked, they answered. He dies with his wish granted.

I remember one of the last games at Maine Rd Uwe Rosler had been diagnosed with Cancer and his chant was belted out around the stadium despite him leaving us at least half a decade prior. I doubt if half the crowd at the Etihad even know Sven managed us, not a single mention from the club or chant from the crowd since this awful news broke. " Sven Goran Eriksson, Seven Goran Eriksson" a small gesture would mean so much.

The club's twitter account posted a message of support after the news of his diagnosis was announced, then sent him Birthday wishes a while afterwards, which I appreciate some may find a bit impersonal but it was acknowledged publicly. I'm sure the away support at Newcastle also chanted his name during that game as it was the first match following the sad news. I haven't heard any chants at home games though.

Perhaps we could do something more and as others have said, it would be a nice touch if he was invited to a game as a guest. Hopefully that's something that has already been discussed behind the scenes.

I’m not sure us hosting a match where he could be manager would be in his wishes, having managed many teams.

It’d be great if some of our fans who enjoyed his season could somehow put together video sharing their memories of his time here to reach him.

Nothing to be cynical about here. In his interview revealing his illness and prognosis, he said one of his regrets was never managing Liverpool. His dad, who is still alive, supports them as does Sven.

He asked, they answered. He dies with his wish granted.
As I said it was a brilliant gesture by Liverpool Football Club

We all have to go at some point but Sven-Goran Eriksson is making sure he goes in the absolute best way possible This is wonderful to see!

Sven-Goran Eriksson close to tears as he’s given incredibly emotional tribute by former club on his return amid cancer battle.

Heartwarming

It’s testament to his warmth and the wonderful life he’s lived that he’s so widely loved

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.