Sven Goran Eriksson | Passes away from cancer aged 76 (p 32)

I’ve see him first hand when his took the England team to Worsley Park Marriott. What a nice bloke. The kids and parent who met him were treated royally to signed photos and and all manner of collectibles. Humble guy.

Shit news.

One of the most enjoyable periods to be a blue when Sven was in charge.

I'll always remember his response to Joey Barton mouthing off about how we'd not be in our position if it hadn't been for him. (We'd signed a few players and had a promising start to the season)

When put to Sven, he simply said 'Thank You' with a bemused smile on his face.

Really sad to hear. I have always had a soft spot for him as he gave us some hope for a short period of time, is a cool fella, dignified, very intelligent and has a dry sense of humour. Seemingly popular with staff and guests at the Ramada and those who worked at city centre restaurants at the time.

People questioned his commitment because he lived at the Ramada rather than buying his own place. Turns out he was right not to as job security was always going to be low with Thaksin in charge.

Can only echo what others have said, about what an exciting time it was as a blue during Sven’s season, and what a top bloke and football person SGE is.

All the best to Sven & his family

One of the better — certainly one of the nicer — of the many managers we had during all those years.
I simply can't understand how this horrible disease hits so many people. It appears to have nothing to do with lifestyle. I hope he is spared pain, and can live whatever time is left to him with dignity, and the enjoyment of simply waking up each day and seeing the sunlight.
I'm starting to get into that mode myself, and I'm not even ill (touch a forest of trees).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.