Sven Goran Eriksson | Passes away from cancer aged 76 (p 32)

So sad.

I’m surprised at how personally upset I am by this. It’s not like I knew him personally but the news has really touched me.

I’ve always really liked Sven and I’ll never forget how he restored some much needed pride and swagger back into city. Kick started the current revolution in lots of ways (if we erase Hughes from memory).

I’ve always seen him and Bobby Manc as being cut from the same cloth. Always been respectful of City even though they were ultimately treated like shit by the club and really “got” the fans.

S.O.S

So good to read some posts on here from people that met him which confirmed what we all thought; that he was a gentleman. So sad to hear this news; pancreatic cancer is just about the worst form of that bastard disease that you can get. Keep fighting it as best you can Sven, but if you have to go, may your remaining time be free from pain. Thanks for your time at our club. You brought back the optimism after the turgid Pearce years.

This is very sad news indeed and to Sven it must have been absolutely devastating. We remember vividly the optimism of the first half of his season with us, when even the wildest dreams seemed possible and we must try to support him now that times are not good. Thinking of you Sven.

Absolutely awful news.

I was 17 when they hired Sven and I felt like we'd won the lottery.

I just wish he had been able to outlast Shinawatra and have a go under more reasonable ownership. Even if things worked out well for us in the end.

Very sad news. I think all City fans have fond memories of Sven. That 2007/08 season under Sven was the first exciting season we had for years. It tapered off but a lot but a lot could be apportioned with off field antics of Shinawatra at the time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.