Sven Goran Eriksson | Passes away from cancer aged 76 (p 32)

I’ve heard a few similar stories about him.

I got his autobiography for Christmas about 10 years ago. It’s full of very kind anecdotes and very clear he has a lot of respect and affection for City fans.

Like Mancini for whatever reason he just got us straight away.
Gonna get that to read this weekend

This has upset me a lot more than I expected. I always liked Sven as a person even when I disliked him as a manager.

He seems so at peace with it all as well.

Tough reading this dreadful news this morning
I hope what ever time he has left are beautiful and pain free as possible.
A very brave man.

A real shame and I was quite upset when I read the news.

Sven was a character in the game - both supremely calm and phenomenally understated. The first non-English England manager and the press were out for him. I can imagine his phone was hacked senseless. I was always amazed at how unflustered he was, but you know he also had a bit of a wild side and I can imagine his life has been a lot more exciting than mine!

Footballing wise, not many have a CV as good as his. I do think he could've done better with England but there's plenty of others we could say that about. He did well with us and I always had the feeling if we'd have stuck with him, we'd have done well.

It's a terrible disease and I just hope he gets to enjoy as much as possible of his last year.

Take care Sven.

Absolute class act. Devastated at this news. I was at Boro singing we don't need no Phil Scolari.
Proud to say I was there singing too, never wanted Sven to leave and neither did the players I believe that was somewhat of a protest by the squad to the chairman (i.e. Dunney getting sent off which could've jeopardised Europa qualification) which led to that ridiculous scoreline.

Will be forever thankful to him for achieving a historic double over United who arguably had their best ever side in 08 and got us enjoying watching some very entertaining football, especially after the dismal Pearce era. I will remember his time fondly here in Manchester, he represented the club brilliantly and I wish him all the best. Thank you Sven.

Brought back some hope,entertainment,quality,
class and respect.

Taskin resented his popularity, knowledge and profile (the reason he was employed) and undermined & humiliated him from Xmas onwards.

Sven lost his fortune in a bank collapse, and was actively diminished by our hideous media, which lead to him becoming a 'journeyman' manager simply to pay his bills and debts.

He was an Olympic shagger of multiple gold medals and undoubtedly had a lot of great experiences.

Remembered fondly by City fans for all the right reasons.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.