Sven Goran Eriksson | Passes away from cancer aged 76 (p 32)

That was because the players knew Sven was getting sacked so downed tools. That to me speaks absolute volumes of how brilliant and highly thought of Sven was by our players and a testament to the man himself.

I don't think we downed tools as such, Dunne got sent off early and another booking would have cost us our fair play spot for Europe so nobody made a tackle all game. Boro scored some fucking ridiculous screamers that nobody could have done anything about aswell.

R.I.P. Sven.

Your season in charge at City was very enjoyable and it is a shame that City did not buy you Modric for Xmas (Jan transfer window): the squad was a bit short and ran out of steam.

Your sacking was a disgrace.

Heard from one of the player that he had never seen a manger be so popular with his squad, even the guys who weren’t getting picked liked you.

One of the game’s true gentleman.

Rest in peace, my first Manchester City manager. You have left us with many wonderful memories. I will always remember how you managed the players and fought for our victories

R.I.P. Sven.

Your season in charge at City was very enjoyable and it is a shame that City did not buy you Modric for Xmas (Jan transfer window): the squad was a bit short and ran out of steam.

Your sacking was a disgrace.

Heard from one of the player that he had never seen a manger be so popular with his squad, even the guys who weren’t getting picked liked you.

One of the game’s true gentleman.

I'd forgot about us not paying for Modric. What a signing that would have been he'd still be here!

R.I.P Sven, a great manager and an even better person.
It's quiet fitting that we play West Ham away next weekend as I remember Sven's first game in charge like it was yesterday.....we dared to dream again.
Beating that lot twice with Benjani the hero at the swamp sums it all up nicely. Crazy times that season, thanks for the memories Sven.

Although expected its always with sorrow when good men pass on and clearly Sven was that despite perhaps a flawed penchant for the finer things in life.

Enjoyed his time as City manager despite the divergence between good and bad and its brevity it wasn't boring that's for sure.

We beat the red filth home and away and from where we had come from that was good enough for me despite the dream to dare start we had under his reign.

RIP SGE hope to see you in the big gig in the sky one day and wax some lyrical on woman , food , football and the like and in that order.

Rip Sven. Brought a bit of belief back to the fans and won our first Derby at the swamp for 30 plus years! Sadly my dad died during that season so it was one I remember well.

He was the start of the new era.

A really nice man by the sounds of it and didn’t half pull some fit women back in his day!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.