Sven

Can you imagine if Sven did come back to City and teamed up with Mancini, if they went out on the town together there wouldn't be a dry fanny in Manchester! There would be nothing left for us mere mortals.

Prestwich_Blue said:
GoForGlory said:
I'll always say that the way Thaksin got rid of Sven was a disgrace and I'd definitely have him back at some function.
Not much different to the way the current owners got rid of Hughes really. Thaksin wanted instant success and wasn't prepared to wait for it. Thaksin undermined Sven by saying things in public. Hughes was undermined by the club looking for a new manager behind his back.
The difference is that Sven got better results than Hughes, and with much much less money. So, IMO, the decision to sack Sven was wrong, but the decision to sack Hughes was right.

barney8 said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Not much different to the way the current owners got rid of Hughes really. Thaksin wanted instant success and wasn't prepared to wait for it. Thaksin undermined Sven by saying things in public. Hughes was undermined by the club looking for a new manager behind his back.
The difference is that Sven got better results than Hughes, and with much much less money. So, IMO, the decision to sack Sven was wrong, but the decision to sack Hughes was right.
Spot on!

barney8 said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
I wasn't talking about the rationale behind them, just the manner. In both cases the owner undermined the manager.

But if you insist, under Sven we got 1.45 points per game whereas up to his sacking, Hughes had 1.7 ppg this season. But why let the facts spoil your opinion.

Prestwich_Blue said:
barney8 said:
I wasn't talking about the rationale behind them, just the manner. In both cases the owner undermined the manager.

But if you insist, under Sven we got 1.45 points per game whereas up to his sacking, Hughes had 1.7 ppg this season. But why let the facts spoil your opinion.
Why don't you count Hughes' first season? Or would those facts spoil your opinion?

Freestyler said:
LoveCity said:
Greedy c**t, all he cares about is money, as if he doesn't have enough already.

Any chance we can sign Kasper back as our #2 if Joe is going out on loan again next season?

Kasper can fuck off, he was cheering on the scum both times we played them in the CC and the one in the league.
Where's this and the stuff about the academy players come from? What happened with kasper?

Prestwich_Blue said:
barney8 said:

What about his first season after adding £50 million worth of players (not including the £45 million or so spent in Jan)!?

Prestwich_Blue said:
barney8 said:

All I will say is Thaksin and Erikkson were the catalyst for what we have now, doubt it would have happened if they had not come. Lest we forget there were an awful lot of higher profile teams around than us that Sheikh Mansour could have spent his money on. Fantastic publicity, and all in all not bad players, Erikkson was extremly unfortunate to lose Bojinov, shows what luck plays in this game. Compared to whAT WE Had to endure before, it was a privelage to watch.
Sven and Frank we salute you.

barney8 said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

Why don't you count Hughes' first season? Or would those facts spoil your opinion?
Because he wasn't sacked on his performance last season. Thought we'd got over threads being hi-jacked by Hughes-Outers. This one is about Sven.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.