Swans v Man City Pre Match Thread 1/1/14

Discussion in 'Matchday forum' started by alky313, 28 Dec 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. waspish

waspish

Don't worry about that they will be full of energy when city come to town like all teams are! I'd take a draw now especially with the players we are missing..

2. simon31goat

simon31goat

Draws aren't enough I'm afraid we have to win this game and others like it.

3. Rammyblues

Rammyblues

I think every game from now on will be important, every one a cup final we simply have to grind out a result if we want to win prem league. I don't care how we do it, I don't care whether we play pretty football. I would hope that Rodwell could have come in for Silva alongside a midfield of Navas, Yaya, Nasri and Fernandhino taking away defensive duties of Yaya completely. If it were Milner instead of Rodwell that wouldn't be a problem but i see it could be if he picks Garcia.

4. Painters Radio

Painters Radio

Absolutely, considering most people are expecting 57 points or as close to at home that is going to
    leave us needing approx 25-30 points away from home to win the league.

Next 2 league games at Swansea & Newcastle are huge away games for us.

5. mancity111

mancity111

Other than Newcastle they have been unimpressive at home all season.

Again if we turn up I suspect they will buckle especially if they try to take us on which I suspect they will.

6. onceabluealways

onceabluealways

Some of our key players had a rest on Sat - Swansea's didn't. They have key injury's to Vorm, Michu and Dyer and haven't performed anything like the level of last season.

I will be very dissapointed if we don't win - I'd expect Arse , Chelsea and rags to win there.

MY only worry is Silva missing - I would play Milner next to ferdi and push Yaya into the Silva roll

7. BlueSiam

BlueSiam

Unless my failing memory fails me......the Rags did win there......... 4-1 in the first game of the season. I think we'll take it 3-1, just to show we don't have to prove who is the best Team in Manchester and Stretford.

8. LoveCity

LoveCity

Don't know why some have cited Swansea's poor home form. Since when does that matter when City roll into town? The banners are out, the VIPs in town, the crowd at fever pitch... it's cup final day!

Case in point:

Villa have 2 wins at home - 1 against City.

Sunderland have 2 wins at home - 1 against City.

Cardiff have 3 wins at home - 1 against City.

It should be us treating these games like cup finals given our history visiting Swansea (1-0 loss, 0-0 draw) and the obvious fact they will raise their game to 300%.

9. jake28

jake28

Anything other than a win would be a very poor result. We have used up all our lose at average teams for this season. No excuses tomorrow but no doubt should we drop points the usual suspects will be telling us how tough it is to get a win at Swansea.

10. onceabluealways

onceabluealways

I get your point but with their squad they are just coming out of a punishing schedule without having the ability to rest key players. Will they have theenergy to raise to that level - I don't think they will

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.