Swansea (a) Post Match Thread

Much as I've given Pellegrini some stick the last 18 months or so, I think even Pep would have his work cut out with this lot. In all honesty I'd happily say ta-ta to Kolarov, Mangala, Ya Ya, Bony, Delph and Sterling, plus a reluctant farewell to Zaba and even Kompany
All squads need to be refreshed and ours in no different and I've never rated Kolarov. The main factor in our demise is us having a manager who has continuously failed to get the sum out of the parts available to him. I've weighed up our squad against all our main rivals and the truth is, I'd rather have ours and I think most people would.

Where we've fallen down is in the managerial department and our owner has acted accordingly to rectify this situation. Today we narrowly avoided relegation from the Champions League, whilst Pellegrini's successor wrapped up his league and confirmed his Champions League qualification ages ago and also has a major domestic cup final to look forward to.

I think you know the point I am trying to make, but your blinded by your views on him. Our squad has weakened over his tenure, Age, recurring injuries and attitude have been the main factors, but you carry on blaming the manager if it makes you feel better.

This place is going to be hilarious next season
are u saying that pep is shit ?

You forgot Rodwell, Johnson, Sinclair, Richards, Lescott, Maicon, Garcia, Guidetti and Razak. That squad?
No, the one from the year before that won the league.

That didn't include Rodwell, Garcia or Maicon. Razak was a youth player. Guidetti was out on loan (iirc), and Lescott and Richards were both vital players, equal or greater to what we have now.

I'm not understanding your point. If you think our current squad is better than the 11/12 squad (or actually even the 12/13 squad, or the 13/14 squad i don't understand the world. We have almost the same core of players but Aguero and Hart aside, none of them are anywhere near the level they were at a few years ago.

The problem is that this season, we have not had the luxury of having our strongest team available. Do you not agree that the drop off in quality in our squad is big, which has led to a more level playing field?

Do you agree we have been carrying passengers / players past their best?
All probably true to an extent, but even then I strongly believe we have more than enough to win the league above Leicester City.

Mangala lacks concentration for me. I think he will be gone. I'm not a fan of either.

However if the prediction of only 2/3 players coming in proves to be right them maybe they will both stay.

Both players are dodgy. Got a few mistakes in them every game they play. I actually like mangala though, his defending is good. Just isn't reliable on the ball. I don't like otamendi, I made my mind up on him months ago.

well we just got over the line!
Fuck knows what was wrong with aguero that was his worst game he's had for us! He couldn't even pass a ball 5yds today!

I'm just happy it's all over but the club need to learn from this!

New season, new manager, new ideas and hopefully some passionate players. It isnt all down to Manuel but he definitely has to take some of the blame.

Onwards and upwards.

Thank god this wasn't a full strength swansea side we were facing. We got lucky again today. Dominated for most parts but we were shocking at times with our passing especially from defence. I'm just glad its over and we can at least look forward to better style of football.

Why would I be starting a pep out thread?
Why would I be handling a whip round for Pellers?

yada yada yada

Thing is, you can only see your point and therefore everyone else is being silly.
Probably as revenge for the apple of your eye Pellegrini?

Even though he's gone and we've just narrowly avoided relegation from the Champions League, you still see no wrong with how he's handled the resources available to him and will defend him until the bitter end. Says more about you than Manuel tbh...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.