Swansea (a) Post Match Thread

well we just got over the line!
Fuck knows what was wrong with aguero that was his worst game he's had for us! He couldn't even pass a ball 5yds today!

I'm just happy it's all over but the club need to learn from this!

He always seems to look pissed off at the minute. He probably expected more from this season too.

I'm not sure it's really all that amazing. Is an ageing Yaya, or Delph, or Clichy, or Navas, or Fernando, or Sterling the envy of our rivals? I'm not saying they are bad players by any means, but they aren't head and shoulders above plenty of others in the league. Yaya once WAS, but not any more.
If you can keep Aguero and Kdb/Silva quiet, you stand a half decent chance against City - as evidenced this season. On a good day, we are a great team, but on a typical day, we're not better than 'good' - which is pretty much what can be said for Arsenal, Spurs, United, Liverpool etc.
Mate, the question wasn't are there any players in the Premier League better any of our players, the question was is there a stronger squad and irrespective of Yaya's age etc as a whole I still say we have the strongest squad in the Premier League and all the pundits outside of Old Toilet today said pretty much the same thing.

If you think differently, which club do you reckon has a stronger squad than ours? I respect your opinion albeit I don't agree with it.

No, the one from the year before that won the league.

That didn't include Rodwell, Garcia or Maicon. Razak was a youth player. Guidetti was out on loan (iirc), and Lescott and Richards were both vital players, equal or greater to what we have now.

I'm not understanding your point. If you think our current squad is better than the 11/12 squad (or actually even the 12/13 squad, or the 13/14 squad i don't understand the world. We have almost the same core of players but Aguero and Hart aside, none of them are anywhere near the level they were at a few years ago.
Compare the two squads squads on paper and reconsider. The biggest difference was the men at the helm and in that respect there is no competition in my mind as to who was the better manager. That is the difference you are probably missing.

Job done-we'd have settled for that if it was to win the PL. Glad all are OK at the Swamp where it was
just another normal match day where 180000 turned up and saw no football played

The suspicious package was an "I ❤ Louis Van Gaal rucksack" :-)

Mate, the question wasn't are there any players in the Premier League better any of our players, the question was is there a stronger squad and irrespective of Yaya's age etc as a whole I still say we have the strongest squad in the Premier League and all the pundits outside of Old Toilet today said pretty much the same thing.

If you think differently, which club do you reckon has a stronger squad than ours? I respect your opinion albeit I don't agree with it.

It's hard to judge - at the start of the season I thought it would be us or Chelsea, looking at things on paper, but ultimately the proof is in the pudding and we came 4th. I think most fans (City or otherwise) would say we have the best squad, but a lot of that is the media hype about us and the prices we've played for players so we get lumped with 'City should be walking this league' (which sounds like flattery but is usually a taunt).

I think we get very excited by the likes of Aguero and Silva and now KdB, and it's glossing over a lot of weaker players and a real imbalance in the team (we've got a lot of flair players, but not many capable defensive mids or defenders. So in that regard (of a better balanced squad), I'd say Arsenal and Chelsea probably have as good a squad as we do. As soon as one of our key players is missing, we seem to struggle - and that's not the sign of a strong squad. WIthout Aguero and KdB, I really wonder what sort of mess we'd have been in this season.

We're all City fans. We were all tense before the game kicked off and we got more and more tense as the game progressed. We were a goal up in no time and could have been three up in 20 minutes. It could have been Bournemouth again but it wasn't because Sergio and Kelechi failed at what they do best - putting the chances away. When Swansea equalised the tension grew and in the second half reached its peak in stoppage time. As the doommongers on Sky pointed out repeatedly, it could all go wrong in a flash. But it didn't.

And now it all seems faintly ridiculous. If we take out Sergio and Kelechi, who both had disappointing games, the team was very competent and very professional. We managed the game well and were always in control. It is true that something can always go wrong and it did when they equalised with a deflection which gave Joe no chance. It's also true that something very similar could have happened again, but it didn't because the Swans never got - and never looked like getting - another shot on goal. Joe Hart was an idle spectator. Our two CDs were dominant and our two Fernas exercised total control in midfield. Swansea got a fair share of possession but never came up with any way of using it to threaten us. We didn't have to win and with our strikers being so wasteful we made sure that if we couldn't win we certainly wouldn't lose. Mission accomplished.

He won a league which was great and 2 Capital One cups but I'm sure we won't be seeing 44 fucking 2 and our best number 10 stuck out on the wing next year with Pep.
Peps won nothing yet at City. Lets judge after 3 years. At the very least we need to win another title to match Pellers........not easy to do and then a couple of domestic cups. I reserve my judgement and wish him every success of course.

It's hard to judge - at the start of the season I thought it would be us or Chelsea, looking at things on paper, but ultimately the proof is in the pudding and we came 4th. I think most fans (City or otherwise) would say we have the best squad, but a lot of that is the media hype about us and the prices we've played for players so we get lumped with 'City should be walking this league' (which sounds like flattery but is usually a taunt).

I think we get very excited by the likes of Aguero and Silva and now KdB, and it's glossing over a lot of weaker players and a real imbalance in the team (we've got a lot of flair players, but not many capable defensive mids or defenders. So in that regard (of a better balanced squad), I'd say Arsenal and Chelsea probably have as good a squad as we do.
Fair assessment, so the only other factor to be considered when discussing where it all went wrong has to be the managers involved. In that statement you'll find your answer, its as simple as that mate.

18-0 will do it for them - assuming the obligatory 10 minutes injury time, that's only goal every 5.6 mins. Time to panic ...

No it won't. We would be level on GD with that score and even then we would have scored more goals. We actually ended with the most goals in the PL.

So they need 19-0 or 20-1` etc if goals scored is the next separator. Don't they?

Not that any of those things are going to happen without a fraud squad investigation following.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.