Swansea (a) - pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant see any neccessity for Kun to start. Kelechi's done fine and will soon be back on the bench for Kun as the bigger games begin. Yes, I'd start Aleix Garcia. Sends out a solid message to the squad, tests him a little more and I think he'll look even better next to KDB and Gundogan than he did next to Fernando and Angelino. Plus motivates the other players in that position to not rest on their laurels as they can see a young lad stepping up to challenge them for the spot.

I think this season Pep will surprise a lot of people by randomly benching a player here or there for a younger player like Kelechi or Aleix Garcia, just to keep everyone hungry. This is a terrible Swansea team and we'd have a ton of options coming off the bench worst case scenario. Pep isnt Pellers, if it isnt working he'd change it fast enough to fix the problem and get the result.
fernandinho and aguero will start no question

....................Bravo..............
Sagna.....Otamendi...Kolarov.....Gael
..................Garcia...............
Sterling....KDB.....Gundogan.....Sane
...............Iheanacho...................

This gets the job done, allows David and Kun a little more rest, plus Stones was off the pace last night so gives him a break. More minutes for Sane & Garcia.

Wait... what? No Kun?

In all seriousness, three points against Swansea are just as important as three points against, for example the rags.

Wait... what? No Kun?

In all seriousness, three points against Swansea are just as important as three points against, for example the rags.

Absolutely. But I'd rather get kelechi his game time in now, he needs a run of games and this would be it. Kun can sit on the bench for 50 mins or so and be called upon if needed.

Absolutely. But I'd rather get kelechi his game time in now, he needs a run of games and this would be it. Kun can sit on the bench for 50 mins or so and be called upon if needed.

I'd prefer the other way around, to start with the best possible line-up, including Kun, let us smash them to pieces and then take him off if he needs the rest.

I'd prefer the other way around, to start with the best possible line-up, including Kun, let us smash them to pieces and then take him off if he needs the rest.

my only issue with that approach is the young guys dont learn a lot coming on to an already dead game.

Aguero will start. We HAVE to win the league this year, if you read Pep Confidential he was absolutely obsessed with winning the league at bayern as a start. Nothing is more important and the team is stronger with Kun playing
He has had 3 PL games off FFS, why would he not play? He needs games with a busy month coming up, we aren't in the business of letting up whilst we are only 2 points clear..

Aguero will start. We HAVE to win the league this year, if you read Pep Confidential he was absolutely obsessed with winning the league at bayern as a start. Nothing is more important and the team is stronger with Kun playing
He has had 3 PL games off FFS, why would he not play? He needs games with a busy month coming up, we aren't in the business of letting up whilst we are only 2 points clear..

You are right, but if(please to god not) Kun goes down this year at some stage, we could be very thankful for giving Kelechi a run of games now.

Cant see any neccessity for Kun to start. Kelechi's done fine and will soon be back on the bench for Kun as the bigger games begin. Yes, I'd start Aleix Garcia. Sends out a solid message to the squad, tests him a little more and I think he'll look even better next to KDB and Gundogan than he did next to Fernando and Angelino. Plus motivates the other players in that position to not rest on their laurels as they can see a young lad stepping up to challenge them for the spot.

I think this season Pep will surprise a lot of people by randomly benching a player here or there for a younger player like Kelechi or Aleix Garcia, just to keep everyone hungry. This is a terrible Swansea team and we'd have a ton of options coming off the bench worst case scenario. Pep isnt Pellers, if it isnt working he'd change it fast enough to fix the problem and get the result.

I don't see how it keeps players hungry if they're dropped when playing well. If anything its counter productive. Garcia just hasn't earned the right yet to displace Fernandhino, Silva, De Bruyne or Gundogan.

they'll think they sussed how we play last night (albeit it was in some ways good to see our better half in the second half for a change). Strongest possible team to start, blow them away within 30 minutes, then poss some changes for the second half to keep folk fresh.

There were a couple of moments when Zabaleta and Clichy pushed inside into the midfield where chaos ensued. They'd obviously been primed for the attacks from wide but forgotten about that part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.