Swansea (a) - pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd agree with your back 4 but no Fernandinho and Aguero would be barmy. Fernandinho has 2 weeks without games at the start of this month and Aguero has played 1 game in nearly a month. To rest Aguero in particular, would be plain daft

I'm looking forward rather than backward. The games are about to come thick and fast. I'd want to save legs in this one.

....................Bravo..............
Sagna.....Otamendi...Kolarov.....Gael
..................Garcia...............
Sterling....KDB.....Gundogan.....Sane
...............Iheanacho...................

This gets the job done, allows David and Kun a little more rest, plus Stones was off the pace last night so gives him a break. More minutes for Sane & Garcia.
Allows Kun more rest? Stop it.

edit - Garcia??

Allows Kun more rest? Stop it.

edit - Garcia??

Cant see any neccessity for Kun to start. Kelechi's done fine and will soon be back on the bench for Kun as the bigger games begin. Yes, I'd start Aleix Garcia. Sends out a solid message to the squad, tests him a little more and I think he'll look even better next to KDB and Gundogan than he did next to Fernando and Angelino. Plus motivates the other players in that position to not rest on their laurels as they can see a young lad stepping up to challenge them for the spot.

I think this season Pep will surprise a lot of people by randomly benching a player here or there for a younger player like Kelechi or Aleix Garcia, just to keep everyone hungry. This is a terrible Swansea team and we'd have a ton of options coming off the bench worst case scenario. Pep isnt Pellers, if it isnt working he'd change it fast enough to fix the problem and get the result.

Cant see any neccessity for Kun to start. Kelechi's done fine and will soon be back on the bench for Kun as the bigger games begin. Yes, I'd start Aleix Garcia. Sends out a solid message to the squad, tests him a little more and I think he'll look even better next to KDB and Gundogan than he did next to Fernando and Angelino. Plus motivates the other players in that position to not rest on their laurels as they can see a young lad stepping up to challenge them for the spot.

I think this season Pep will surprise a lot of people by randomly benching a player here or there for a younger player like Kelechi or Aleix Garcia, just to keep everyone hungry. This is a terrible Swansea team and we'd have a ton of options coming off the bench worst case scenario. Pep isnt Pellers, if it isnt working he'd change it fast enough to fix the problem and get the result.
Never underestimate your opponent, especially away from home when you played them on the Weds. Kun will start.

Don't think we will upset the balance by pushing Spanish Dave wider. I'm not sure that him and Gundogan will ever play in the same team unless one of them assumes the role of Fernandinho.

I think Sane will start on Saturday
Bravo

Sagna
Otamendi
Stones
Dinho

Gundogan
Silva
KDB

Kolarov
Aguero
Sterling

No need to push Silva wide.

there manager to be sacked on Sunday!
They've got Liverpool and Arsenal right after us, if I was on the board there I'd wait until after those 2 games and bring in the new coach for a much easier start against Watford and the scum.

they'll think they sussed how we play last night (albeit it was in some ways good to see our better half in the second half for a change). Strongest possible team to start, blow them away within 30 minutes, then poss some changes for the second half to keep folk fresh.

they'll think they sussed how we play last night (albeit it was in some ways good to see our better half in the second half for a change). Strongest possible team to start, blow them away within 30 minutes, then poss some changes for the second half to keep folk fresh.

That was more down to Angelino playing out of position and Fernando not being fit and very immobile.

Lets not forget, they put on superior players in the second half, yet we got better. it was tactics, just personnel issues for us. We'll trounce them.

Wasted outside

CM for me all day long pulling the strings

Exactly. He's been so strong there that it seems strange to want to waste him out there. I think Gundogan, De Bruyne and Silva should all play central, and if it means rotating them then that's the way we should play it.

We have enough out wide with Sterling, Sane, Nolito and Navas at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.