Swansea City vs Manchester City City Post Match Thread

Astley Lad said:
Amazing how words get twisted.

I love the atmosphere at away games, I'm more than happy to stand up during the game and get involved in the singing in a way that a 50+ guy couldn't really do at home games. If people want to get pissed, swear and make dickheads of themselves with others who are keen to do the same then that's fine by me. I make the choice to attend away games because I love the club and want to follow them. I know what to expect and generally I'm able to manage the journey in a way that means I'm comfortable with it. It's simply on Saturday there were lots of people on that train who hadn't chosen to be part of the "City experience" and (in my opinion) shouldn't have been subjected to the behaviour they were.

The women who had the mis-fortune to be sitting on a train when a load of football fans got on possibly didn't expect to spend their entire journey listening to drunken blokes singing "get yer tits out and show us yer clit" and worse. Is it their responsibility to get off the train and let the pissheads behave as they want? Or should we perhaps try and show a little respect for other people who haven't chosen to be involved in a football trip.

Spot on mate.

mancityvstoke said:
Simple Minds...a great band.

The City experience? (What the fucks that?) I must be from a very different world to you people.

Seems that for some of us that experience is certainly very different. Takes all sorts I suppose and in the old days you really would not have liked away trips.

Next time you’re offended by horrid simple minded neanderthal blues singing nasty songs on a train wait until they’re asleep and give them a slap. Better still do it while they’re awake singing instead of whining like girls about it on the Internet.

Maybe call British Transport Police. It's probably best you go on a supporters club coach next time or drive.

No alcohol then and no nasty city fans.

In fairness i think Astley Lad said he is 50+ so he must have gone to a few away games in the bad old days,not sure on Squirtyflowers age range.

I like some of the changes to football these days.Although on occasion the violence at the match was a buzz,frightening but a buzz,i like the fact that mainly i can go away now to the scousers and Chelsea and not fear being ambushed everywhere and fighting/running for my life, chased by 200 patrons of these great clubs,all wanting to introduce me to their mate Stanley and their new boots.Plus i am too fucking old to run or fight for more than 2 minutes without collapsing,lol!

Now i am older i do squirm a bit when fans,or groups of blokes are singing crude songs on transport with no regard for anyone else,but when i was 19 i would have probably have been doing the same.These PC days everyone is so terrified of saying or doing anything at work,or anywherere,for fear of the sack,so i guess when in a group at a game people rebel a bit and let their hair down.

It isn't just at games,or on the way to games you experiance this though,Last night the once a year bank holiday drinkers were out in force and were a nightmare,no idea where they go the rest of the year,back in their box i think,lol!

I am not getting brainwashed into this ''City experiance,we are all in it together'' bollocks though,football is something i know how to support and enjoy without some pr wanker telling me how!!

I do feel football is at the tipping point though and can go either way,as recent violent outbreaks show.I hope a middle ground can be reached where some fans can still sing,stand up and act the goat[feed him!] on occasion and others sit down,eat their butties and politely clap.As for the violence,stamp it out[no pun intended,lol] we don't need that back!

wembley 1981 a lad was stabbed in the coach park and when i went to go and help him i was pulled away and told dont or you will get stabbed as well.I used to be terrified at away matches but the buzz of the match and the whole day made it worth while and i was always with a couple of lads at least.The walk from the grounds to the train station was a scary one but never had much trouble on the train.Its been a while since i could travel but am not surprised too hear its a pain.sadly us ladies have had to get used to abuse but my rule has always been to ignore it from a distance but if u come into my personal space you will get a kick in the nuts!

mancityvstoke said:

The City experience? (What the fucks that?) I must be from a very different world to you people.

Seems that for some of us that experience is certainly very different. Takes all sorts I suppose and in the old days you really would not have liked away trips.

Next time you’re offended by horrid simple minded neanderthal blues singing nasty songs on a train wait until they’re asleep and give them a slap. Better still do it while they’re awake singing instead of whining like girls about it on the Internet.

Maybe call British Transport Police. It's probably best you go on a supporters club coach next time or drive.

As were the Specials

i follow City away,
I go on the train
I do this because I like to drink alcohol
but it doesn't mean you have to act like a knob and abuse the other passengers

which bit of this are you having difficulty understanding?

karen7 said:
wembley 1981 a lad was stabbed in the coach park and when i went to go and help him i was pulled away and told dont or you will get stabbed as well.I used to be terrified at away matches but the buzz of the match and the whole day made it worth while and i was always with a couple of lads at least.The walk from the grounds to the train station was a scary one but never had much trouble on the train.Its been a while since i could travel but am not surprised too hear its a pain.sadly us ladies have had to get used to abuse but my rule has always been to ignore it from a distance but if u come into my personal space you will get a kick in the nuts!

Oh yes the replay at Wembley 1981 was a bit tasty in the coach park,scrapping everywhere.I actually rescued a Spurs fan who had been slapped a bit and was going to get a lot more,i hate liberty takers so got him out of it and back to his coach.The funny bit was his mates were going to attack me when they saw his bloody nose and me in my City scarf until he said,''No he saved me!!'' lol!!

Remember the.''You''ll never make the station!!'' song sang just before the final whistle?Good/bad old days for sure!

Hey some people pay good money for a kick in the nuts so i am told,lol!!You could be onto a winner,lol!!

squirtyflower said:
mancityvstoke said:

As were the Specials

i follow City away,
I go on the train
I do this because I like to drink alcohol
but it doesn't mean you have to act like a knob and abuse the other passengers

which bit of this are you having difficulty understanding?

all of it sorry being a thick as pigshit neaderthal city idiot who doesn't go on the train anymore and doesn't abuse passengers. Which part of that do you need explaining?

All I'm saying IS that I remember when I was 19 and went on specials or service trains and got pissed and NEVER behaved. I just understand the behaviour and think it's best ignored or reported if you're so offended and troubled.

-- Mon May 06, 2013 3:45 pm --

karen7 said:

saw a blue stabbed in the stomach at the replay on the car park outside. He was slumped sat against a wall. Hated Spurs ever since for that and the result.

karen7 said:
but my rule has always been to ignore it from a distance but if u come into my personal space you will get a kick in the nuts!

hehe ......

good girl Karen !

ddf4sp.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.