Swansea (H) Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
__________________Willy___________

_______Sagna__Kompany___Kola

Sterling____________Dinho______________Sane

_________Silva_______________KDB

_________Gabriel________Aguero__________

Serious question, the last few games we seem to have stumbled across a formation that appears to be getting the best out of our players. On the back of 3 great performances why would we change it? I genuinely can't understand why we would.

Serious question, the last few games we seem to have stumbled across a formation that appears to be getting the best out of our players. On the back of 3 great performances why would we change it? I genuinely can't understand why we would.

I can think of potentially two reasons:
1. People think Pep will opt for the "element of surprise" as doubtless Swansea will be expecting the same lineup, given it's been so successful. This doesn't seem to be a legitimate argument in modern football and one need look no further than Chelsea for evidence.
2. People think Aguero/Dinho should play regardless of form of other players or the team as a whole, either for sentimental reasons or otherwise. I don't think City are in any position, particularly with top four competitors dropping points again, to go along with this.

Regardless, I happen to agree with you for the most part. It's very possible Pep will change things up, but it shouldn't be something people are actively searching for. We've stumbled from one lineup to the next and lacked the consistency that comes with stability. Finally we have what looks like a genuine threat, a team that actually appears to be clicking according to Pep's unique and demanding, but incredibly rewarding, style. Why would anyone want to roll the dice on another lineup?

Can see aguero in dinho back in to be honest. Hopefully Willy keeps his place though!

Willy
Sagna
Kompany
Stones
Kolarov
Dinho
Sane
De Bruyne
Silva
Jesus
Aguero

To keep Swansea guessing.

It's certainly feasible, based on Pep's love for formation tweaks, that we could go 3 at the back today.

Just remember that we have a habit of struggling to break down lower level sides at home so throwing in the extra forward could well happen.

I don't think that would be the back 3 but I wouldn't be surprised if Pep went with that formation.

Hopefully we see Sane and Sterling high up the pitch on the wings again. Would like to see Jesus make up the triumvirate but I'm not going to cry if it's Aguero that gets the nod.

Sure.

He's not been in consistent form lately, hence gamble.

I'm normally the first to call for his inclusion, but he doesn't earn it just by being Sergio Aguero if he's not contributing where others are.

Nicely worded post though, you'll go far.

Baby Jesus ran more than 1 kilometre more agin wet spam than Kun did agin Spuds. He got a genuine challenge on his hands for the first time in 6 years.

I hope he shows the strength of character needed cos he's not looked properly right for 18 months......out of elite condition,moody,lacking sharpness,missing good chances,greedy. Come back Kun 11/12 please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.