Swansea Post Match thread

And there we have the story of our season writ small. There nowt wrong with that attack, lads. And when the real Yaya Touré stands up, as he finally did today, well, we see the difference. But dodgy defending plus some wonderful keeping by their keeper (and ours, to be fair ;-) ) made that look much, much more difficult than it should have been. It comes to something, when Kolarov looks like one of your best players in the back line. I thought both Zab and Mangala (did we really pay all that money for him?) looked decidedly uncomfortable today. Of course, Hart was huge, and that's why he's the best English keeper, and one of the top keepers, albeit not in the top three, in the world. Anyway, it's not a time for nitpicking. That's five straight victories, and we played well overall, in what must have been a great game to watch for the neutral.

Thought MP did well today.

Used our better formation and adapted the game when it was needed.

Our defending is still shaky and we need to set up defense to sometimes sit back and defend instead of attacking li. But bringing on VK eventually and then Bony on later for Yaya was smart I thought.

jimharri said:
maccadon said:
Hart my MOTM today.it's games like today that give me grey hairs.joys of supporting city though,never boring.
Wait until most of your hair has gone; then you can moan!
Never moan apparently it's character not grey anyways these days :-)

Good too see Bony score. Excellent all round performance. World class performance by Joe especially. Defence a shambles AGAIN though...another2 goal lead crapped away. But hey ho, roll on summer...a fresh start, new faces and all that.

Secured chumps league and 3rd. Good day all round!

The Swans are a very decent side.

Our defensive coach may have gone awol but there's nothing wrong with our goalkeeping coach. Wonderful save by Hart.

Damocles said:
Guaranteed Champions League and a 4-2 away win with Bony on the scoresheet.

Good day all around really.

Hart was world class today and unlucky not to get MOTM in my opinion.

Agree on all points.

I was surprised when Quinn awarded MotM to Yaya, rather than Joe. Several great saves from England's No. 1 and one truly world-class one.

Yaya had a good game; he scored two goals, which counts for a lot in MotM awards, but I thought Joe's performance was better.

No qualification play-off for us now. Let's hope the tarquins see off the rags later and hold on to third.

And well done to the boys for not letting the Swans' comeback affect them negatively and going on to see out the victory.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.