Swansea (QF) Post Match thread

My first post ! I've followed the debate in the media ( Man City News Now - useful facility ! ) and I keep on reading ( re. Sterling's penalty ) that the Swansea player gets to the ball first ( e.g. Sunday Times -" The American stuck out a foot,caught ball rather than man, but Sterling tumbled" ). It is also the same story on the bluemoon thread. I am confused :
I keep on returning to the YouTube highlights coverage of the game to reassure myself that I am not mistaken - Sterling gets in front of the Swansea man ; he cuts across him : he stretches (with his right foot) and toe-pokes the ball forward and is then-inevitably- wiped out by the challenge from the Swansea player. The Swansea player does not get the ball ! So why all the fuss? Need I ask ?. It's a clear penalty. ( Oh, and by the way - why so little comment about the two-handed shove in Aguero's back as he scores the 3rd goal ? )
Agenda?

In the FA Cup game v Reading, Manchester Utd, (who were being generally outclassed by a lower league team on their own ground) were given a penalty, for contact made AFTER the ball had been played (to a player in an offside position) & this gift was given by nonother than v.a.r. overturning the original decision.

Now, the calls are for v.a.r. to do the absolute opposite, & take away a penalty from someone still in possession of the ball, after the challenge. It's a fucking pen, with or without v.a.r. & nobody would even be discussing it, if it happened against us.

Same with Bernardo the other day. Happened right in front of me, at the ground, bloke bounces into his leg: clear & obvious PENALTY. Afterwards, all this shit about it being 'soft'.

Look at it in real time, rather than diffusing the effect of the contact with slomo.

And the offside was a close offside. We've had scores of them, for & against. More against. Striker got the benefit, wasn't obvious, get on with it.

I did this using BBC footage. It's not inline. I think he's a foot offside.

IKZWt1u.jpg

do you know what the most illuminating part of this picture is? line up the 6-yard line and the 18-yard line - they are so far off being parallel it raises qu's about all those lines you see on tv about offsides etc.... is this camera distortion? surely the groundsman cant have been that pissed? (or does Marvin have a spherical telly?)

do you know what the most illuminating part of this picture is? line up the 6-yard line and the 18-yard line - they are so far off being parallel it raises qu's about all those lines you see on tv about offsides etc.... is this camera distortion? surely the groundsman cant have been that pissed? (or does Marvin have a spherical telly?)
Railroad_in_Northumberland_County%2C_Pennsylvania.JPG

According to rules played in the Champions league, until Aguero ATTEMPTS to get the ball he's classed as onside, this is where the Swansea player is clearly pushing Aguero in the neck/back so it would have resulted in a penalty with VAR, or did I dream those rules were applied to us at Shalke (Fernandinho).

Brilliant post match

Excellent.

He's spot on about being 'there' involved in stuff.

Liverpool have had a bizarre season for picking up points, sometimes with performances that would normally not merit it, but after getting 100 points last season, we haven't thrown the towel in, like the previous title winning teams did, yet we've had players missing, playing out of position, all kinds of stuff. We are still there, involved.

That's all I ask for at the start of a season on the whole. If you stay close most of the time, you win sometimes.

According to rules played in the Champions league, until Aguero ATTEMPTS to get the ball he's classed as onside, this is where the Swansea player is clearly pushing Aguero in the neck/back so it would have resulted in a penalty with VAR, or did I dream those rules were applied to us at Shalke (Fernandinho).

That's how the rules were applied at the swamp, earlier in the competition, to give them a penalty.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.