Swansea v City Post Match Discussion Thread

LoveCity said:
People will say it's kneejerk to believe we've lost the title now but I reckon we have. Our fixture set is brutal and this, despite Swansea being good at home against top sides, was one of those we really needed to win. Our best hope is remaining within 3pts of the scum by the time the derby rolls around, if we're more than 3pts behind by then the league is definitely over.

We're suffering now from a lack of width and pace. At one point in the game we had 5 corners in a row and Swansea were bricking it, scrambling it clear. Yet from that moment on until right near the end when we got a few more crosses in, we hardly sent any balls into their box, instead doing our Arsenal impression of trying to pick a well forged lock through the middle and getting very few clear chances. Mancini needs to invest in a top class winger for next season, I'm pretty sure it'd help in games like today's, Sunderland away, and West Brom away where they had us sussed out.

I don't think it's kneejerk. Our recent away form is shite and I just don't see us being within 3 points when we meet.

Sad thing is it will be the refs fault or the grass or anything other than Mancini and the players. Swansea showed more desire and in the end that was the small difference between the teams.

BlueCityfan said:
I think we just blew away the title.

yup and that means mancinis gone i reckon. might sound negative but i'm pretty low right now, shocking team selections that have cost us kompany and lescott.

slowest tempo ever going forward with no pace in the team.

MCFC-Scott said:
Never thought it'd come to this... But get tevez fit and get him playing, we need him.
Really could have done with him - fully fit and raring mind.
Awful performance. Some players don´t look like they want it enough. Mancini is on thin ice like it or not.

Michael Corleone said:
I'm gona say it ........ and I honestly do mean it.

*Clears throat*

Mancini out, 16 points dropped from 16 games, awful.

-- Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:08 pm --

I'm gona say it ........ and I honestly do mean it.

*Clears throat*

Mancini out, 16 points dropped from 16 games, awful.

Balotelli Aguero Silva Yaya all on the pitch and still couldn't score...... yet Mancini out ?

Sunderland, Everton and now Swansea. Three lame displays with late winners for the home side. This is what can happen when we play such slow build up football. NDJ to Savic, Savic to Toure, Toure to Savic - come on lads kick it forwards once in a while.

I can't understand why we don't play to our strengths and go at them hard. If we concede early on there's plenty of time to get back in it. Fanning about for the whole game then conceding late is unforgivable and so frustrating.

Savic is not ready yet and should not be playing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.