Swansea v City Post Match Thread

Good gritty win!, just wish we would cut out the silly late goals we are conceding!
Well done boys!!!

bluemurray said:
Great win for City today, must admit I was less-than-confident but the lads put on a decent show at a difficult venue in poor conditions. Excellent 3-points!
goals; <a class="postlink" href="http://www.soccerhighlightstoday.com/2014/01/video-swansea-2-3-manchester-city.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.soccerhighlightstoday.com/20 ... -city.html</a>

A typical early January performance with the players from both sides looking like they've played 5 games in a gruelling 2 weeks. Palace and Swansea might not be glamorous results that will keep viewers on the edge of their seats but they are the type of results that win titles. Either team could have nicked a point and credit to the team and manager that we were able to shore up the games.

Points are all that matter over the Xmas period and we've taken the maximum number available. We haven't dropped a point since Southampton in early December and in fact we've only dropped points in 3 games since September (Southampton draw, Sunderland loss, Chelsea loss).

While I enjoy trouncing teams 6-0 and 7-0, it doesn't matter if you then go to Swansea and draw. We're a team that can hand people a pasting yet still fight for those results in the wet, cold and dark nights of December and January. An iron fist wrapped in a velvet glove.

I'm extremely positive about the potential of this team.

Hart - Showed a lot of quality, one horrendous judgement on a corner.
Zab - solid, hard working as only Zabman can be.
Vinny - Good match, sold himself one time which could have let to a goal. Clearly frustrated by the fat wanker with the whistle.
Nasty - Getting back to what we saw last season. Reads the game as an old pro.
Kolarov - what a season this guy has. Almost no mistakes today, and lot of creative solutions. Has a right foot as well.
Ferna - my favourite player at the moment. Slipped a few times on the pitch today but a few life-savers as well. Player of the season so far.
Yaya - slow start but started bossing midfield midway through first period. Quality when moved higher up on the pitch.
Navas - MotM. This guy has so much spirit, works so hard for the team. Much more than a fast winger.
Nasri - a bit tired now. Still a good match.
Negredo - Always trying hard but this just wasn't his day.
Dzeko - a few bad touches as always, but made a decent effort today.

Ducado said:
Would sam-caddick like to comment ;-)

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=295263&p=7403451#p7403451" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=11&t=295263&p=7403451#p7403451</a>
Sam where r u, let's be 'avin u<br /><br />-- Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:59 pm --<br /><br />
vintiz said:
Got lucky with such an open play !

Great goals from both sides tho !
If you want to be WUM you need to do much better than that.

Damocles said:
A typical early January performance with the players from both sides looking like they've played 5 games in a gruelling 2 weeks. Palace and Swansea might not be glamorous results that will keep viewers on the edge of their seats but they are the type of results that win titles. Either team could have nicked a point and credit to the team and manager that we were able to shore up the games.

Points are all that matter over the Xmas period and we've taken the maximum number available. We haven't dropped a point since Southampton in early December and in fact we've only dropped points in 3 games since September (Southampton draw, Sunderland loss, Chelsea loss).

While I enjoy trouncing teams 6-0 and 7-0, it doesn't matter if you then go to Swansea and draw. We're a team that can hand people a pasting yet still fight for those results in the wet, cold and dark nights of December and January. An iron fist wrapped in a velvet glove.

I'm extremely positive about the potential of this team.
Welcome back, mate.

Agree completely. Had a gut feeling the win at Bayern would give us a new confidence away from home and IMO that was the turning point. Today has cemented my opinion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.