Swansea V City post match thread

More the PGMOL, that's why I've requested a quote for ratios from Opta. If we've consistently got the highest cards:fouls and the lowest opposition cards:fouls ratios in the last 5 years (which I'm nearly 100% sure we do) as well as the highest cards:fouls ratio in the league (again nearly 100%) then they'll have questions to answer and I'd be interested to see in the wake of the Halsey controversy whether anyone in the media would be willing to run with it.
Not a chance it'll get picked up.

Happens in football doesn't it?
Their overall football was fantastic and it showed as we struggled to break them down and retain possession..... If I were a Swansea fan I'd be disappointed not to come away with a point today, but with that said I'm glad we kept our composure and stuck to our game and came away with 3 points!

These are the games where when you're not playing at your very best, you still come away with a win, and that's what we've done.
Fair enough............

We gave them nothing mate. Its the PL and teams have some very very good players that will cause you trouble.
Exactly. They played well for a team with a lot less quality than we have.

I think we also played better than some are giving credit, and the referee affected the flow of the game greatly.

More the PGMOL, that's why I've requested a quote for ratios from Opta. If we've consistently got the highest cards:fouls and the lowest opposition cards:fouls ratios in the last 5 years (which I'm nearly 100% sure we do) as well as the highest cards:fouls ratio in the league (again nearly 100%) then they'll have questions to answer and I'd be interested to see in the wake of the Halsey controversy whether anyone in the media would be willing to run with it.

Add in the fact we have dominated possession for large parts of that 5 years and its all the more mystifying unless of course you know they are fucking cheats and its the only way they can try and curtail us.

Happens in football doesn't it?
Their overall football was fantastic and it showed as we struggled to break them down and retain possession..... If I were a Swansea fan I'd be disappointed not to come away with a point today, but with that said I'm glad we kept our composure and stuck to our game and came away with 3 points!

These are the games where when you're not playing at your very best, you still come away with a win, and that's what we've done.
Agreed but we deserved the win more than they deserved the draw on that second half performance so it's not a case of us getting away with one, we've been the best team in all our games and no one can take that from us... they gave their all but that shouldn't mean they deserved anything on that alone(commentators always say that against City) they simply couldn't stop us making chances(clear cut chances unlike most of theirs) and we should have been more clinical.

Hard game, one of this when you think 3 points is going to be lose. Has been lucky with penalty.

Lads needs less touches in the box, each time tried to improve position kills chances to score.

Swansey was very good today, I think they can give a fight to any team, many will lose points there. They have Lorente and with longballs it was hard to stop him. Could be a problem for City in the future games. Considering Stones is very poor with first pass and under pressing. Barca's trident would love him, along with Oto.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.