Swansea V City post match thread

Hard game, one of this when you think 3 points is going to be lose. Has been lucky with penalty.

Lads needs less touches in the box, each time tried to improve position kills chances to score.

Swansey was very good today, I think they can give a fight to any team, many will lose points there. They have Lorente and with longballs it was hard to stop him. Could be a problem for City in the future games. Considering Stones is very poor with first pass and under pressing. Barca's trident would love him, along with Oto.

Welcome aboard, from wherever you're from.

Good result considering we was firing on three cylinders today, still we weathered what Swansea threw at us, and came away with 3pts, so well done guys...........

Danny Mills saying penalty turning point of game! How can you say that it is silly, ok you can say pen was soft, but turning point of game nonsense ;-)

Hard game, one of this when you think 3 points is going to be lose. Has been lucky with penalty.

Lads needs less touches in the box, each time tried to improve position kills chances to score.

Swansey was very good today, I think they can give a fight to any team, many will lose points there. They have Lorente and with longballs it was hard to stop him. Could be a problem for City in the future games. Considering Stones is very poor with first pass and under pressing. Barca's trident would love him, along with Oto.

Welcome to bluemoon.

As for the Stones comment, the cold air in Moscow must have got between your ears lol

Agreed but we deserved the win more than they deserved the draw on that second half performance so it's not a case of us getting away with one, we've been the best team in all our games and no one can take that from us... they gave their all but that shouldn't mean they deserved anything on that alone(commentators always say that against City) they simply couldn't stop us making chances and we should have been more clinical.

Yeah that's fair, I wouldn't say we got away with it as such, but more of the fact we undone all of Swansea's hard work! I think that's what makes the win today all the more better, the fact we didn't play to 100%, especially the first half where we were careless and very sloppy.... but we dug deep and got the win! A hard earned win in our eyes but i can imagine a few Swansea fans will be gutted they didn't come away with a point, but unfortunately for them you don't win points based on 60 minute performances.

Danny Mills saying penalty turning point of game! How can you say that it is silly, ok you can say pen was soft, but turning point of game nonsense ;-)

Mr Mills plays the part of the pantomime villain every week now with his anti City comments. He thinks and you cant blame him that a negative, anti City slant will get you lots of media work and is thinking about his wallet far more than actually trying to give an expert opinion on the game.

I can't believe some are saying the penalty was soft. It should have been red.

Spot on mate.

Unfortunately we have too many who thinks football is a cakewalk every week and anything but 5-0 means we where a bit shit.
The success we have had makes even some dinosaurs that have been going for 40 years forget what equates to a good result.

Not even Madrid and Barca win every game in their pub league as my recent accas will attest.

Yeah that's fair, I wouldn't say we got away with it as such, but more of the fact we undone all of Swansea's hard work! I think that's what makes the win today all the more better, the fact we didn't play to 100%, especially the first half where we were careless and very sloppy.... but we dug deep and got the win! A hard earned win in our eyes but i can imagine a few Swansea fans will be gutted they didn't come away with a point, but unfortunately for them you don't win points based on 60 minute performances.
If they put in a shift like that against Liverpool I can see them coming away with at least a point, the question is will they do it against the other big teams or was that performance just for us like a lot of teams seem to do these days?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.