Swansea V City post match thread

We were OK today. When I say that I mean when compared to some of the amazing football we've seen so far under Pep.

With him in charge & the players we have I'm quite excited that a performance like this can be classed as just 'OK' as that implies we have a lot of gears that we can move up when it's really needed :)

Not at our best but we seem to have an ability to win games anyhow. Thought our goalkeeper was very good today, no outstanding saves but brilliant with the ball at his feet. 100%

I thought it was quite an even first half, Swansea did alright and we werent quite at it, but second half there was only 1 in it, we could have had a lot more, very good 3 points. Sterling had a good second half but my MOTM was Sergio ran himself into the ground today, great to have the little man back and of course scoring.

Great second half, hope De Bruyne is alright. If I'd have known how Dave was feeling my prediction on the pre-match thread would have been spot on!

"Bravo, Sagna, Stones, Otamendi, Kolarov, Fernandinho, Gundogan, De Bruyne, Sane, Sterling, Aguero
Subs: Caballero, Zabaleta, Clichy, Fernando, Garcia, Navas, Kelechi

3-1 City. Aguero x 2, Sterling"

Already can't wait for Wednesday!

Good to get our customary shaky performance out of the way and still get a win, we'll need to be a lot better than that against Spurs next week. Don't think we can play with Silva/KDB/Gundogan all on the pitch at the same time to our potential although we did play well in the second half when Kev went central and stayed there. Sterling or Dinho MOTM. Hope Kev is alright, although to be fair I think it was precautionary, he'd taken a couple of heavy shots to the head and torso and was probably just bruised and stiffening up. 10/10 :) Bring on the soapdodgers!

This is football and sometimes you have to give credit to the opposition. We played well in BOTH the first half and the second half in my opinion and this is the game where we normally drop points but we fought hard and got the three points, which is what it is all about. As I said, we played well with some good link up play but could not take the many chances created. Credit to Swansea but it is three points and a 10 out of 10 record. Job done.

weird game. Felt like we would always create chances just didn't look like we would take them.

Cant see us keeping many clean sheets this season gonna be a case of outscoring the opposition.

Amazing to think sterling played on the left the whole of last season, did nothing today in the first playing there and then was sensational once again when moved over in the second half.

Thought Bravo was very good his passing to bypass the pressing lines is excellent. Just the final ball time and time again was poor today especially in the first half.

Spurs next week should be a very interesting test for this side. Gonna be a lot of goals.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.