Swansea V City post match thread

Don't understand all the comments saying we was poor. We dealt with Swansea pressing us brilliantly, passing it out the back nicely with a lot of pressure on us. Second half we dug deep and killed them off. Great three points away from home.

They can complain about the pen all they like but we were by far the better team in that 2nd half especially, we were always going to win that game it was a matter of time before someone put one of the many chances we were creating away.

We will all see it differently but I say this was a good win, some players were off the pace compared to normal(even KDB) that was always going to happen at some point but we still fully earned that win in the end. I think that's probably the best Swansea have played all season, against the sloppiest City have been all season and we still looked too good for them, I doubt they could have done any better than they did today and it would have been enough against most teams(including our title rivals) to get at least a point.

I had 16 and 8 and it's the same story every single fucking game domestically although it's improved in Europe since Pellegrini blew his top after the Barca game tbh. It's there to stop us playing/tackling and it's crooked as fuck, we're not a dirty team and yet we must have the worst fouls:cards and fouls against:cards ratios in the league over the last 5 years.
Are you suggesting the FA don't have our best interest at heart?

I think Swansea played great today, like their performance was above their standards.... Not watched Swansea this season but based on what I saw of them today I can't see them finishing below 8th, people don't really take interest because they're not top 6, but they played some really good football, best I've seen from any opponent so far this season!
They made it really difficult for us, passed the ball through some difficult spaces, made some space for themselves, closed us down really well and made us struggle off the ball!

I thought we didn't do too much wrong to be honest except for possibly Silva and Gudogen had some sub-par moments. Our shape looked a lot different to those of the previous 9 games, and I think we missed Nolito on the left... Playing Silva on the wing doesn't make us as effective as normal, as you want your creativity coming through the middle, also you want some pace or at least a natural winger on the left, Silva is none of these.....

I thought van der Hoorn could have possibly been sent off? An elbow to the face of Sergio but the ref indicated he saw it as his arm? Not sure how one warrants a sending off and the other doesn't? But we got the penalty and stuck to our game plan.

Pep looked really calm at 1-1 which I felt was strange but as soon as it was 2-1 he was barking orders to everyone! I suppose he had the belief in the players to get back into the game, and we did just that.

Overall I thought we played very good to our standards, but Swansea played great, and I think they should get some praise for the way that they played today.

I do not agree with you - GREAT !!! - why did they not score more than 1 then ?.

Difference between the Swansea defender's elbow and aguero's elbow

We wouldn't sell one for 120 million, and we wouldn't buy the other for 1.2 million

Don't understand all the comments saying we was poor. We dealt with Swansea pressing us brilliantly, passing it out the back nicely with a lot of pressure on us. Second half we dug deep and killed them off. Great three points away from home.

Spot on mate.

Unfortunately we have too many who thinks football is a cakewalk every week and anything but 5-0 means we where a bit shit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.