Swimming Thread

Went for a swim at my local leisure centre in Stafford this morning. Was intending to go at 10:30 but luckily saw a post on Facebook saying the 10.30 to 11.30 session was cancelled due to "unforseen circumstances".
Therefore, delayed for an hour and rocked up at 11:30. The issue became apparent in that there were only 2 lifeguards available for the main and learner pools.
I appreciate these things happen in all businesses and was grateful they kept their social media up to date.
Anyway, nice steady swim, completing 104 x 25m lengths in about 75 minutes.

Can’t believe I’ve not seen this thread!!

Not been swimming for a while this year but will definitely be back in the pool in the new year, had lessons to swim properly couple of years back after struggling during the swim legs on triathlons and was well worth it. Can do 2.4 miles now in 1:40 and no problems in open water.

Can’t believe I’ve not seen this thread!!

Not been swimming for a while this year but will definitely be back in the pool in the new year, had lessons to swim properly couple of years back after struggling during the swim legs on triathlons and was well worth it. Can do 2.4 miles now in 1:40 and no problems in open water.

I'm clearly not at your levels of fitness, but as a retired overweight bloke in his 50s, I find swimming to be the easiest and most enjoyable form of exercise. I cross train with a bit of running just so I'm using different parts of my body, and to keep things varied.
I'm not particularly fast, but I find once I get going, I can swim as long as I like, and it actually seems to get easier the further I swim.
I tend to choose to do lido swims in the warmer months as it's a much more enjoyable experience, and love to feel the sun on my back.

I'm clearly not at your levels of fitness, but as a retired overweight bloke in his 50s, I find swimming to be the easiest and most enjoyable form of exercise. I cross train with a bit of running just so I'm using different parts of my body, and to keep things varied.
I'm not particularly fast, but I find once I get going, I can swim as long as I like, and it actually seems to get easier the further I swim.
I tend to choose to do lido swims in the warmer months as it's a much more enjoyable experience, and love to feel the sun on my back.
Outdoor swimming is divine

Just sneaked in a cheeky 120 x 25m lengths (3km) before lunch at my local leisure centre. Have to partially offset all this excessive food and drink somehow!

Just been for my final swim of the year at Manchester Aquatics Centre. Was pretty busy this morning, although I don't normally swim at weekends so no idea what it's normally like!

Final total distance swum for the year ended up at 282.60204km which equates to 175.6 miles.
My only target was to swim at least 5km per week so at least I exceeded that by a little bit!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.