Swindon Town 1965 Crowd 8015 Were you there ?

Blue Mist said:
No I missed this one and ever since I have hated myself because of it. How can I call myself a true Blue ? When the away fans sing 'where were you when you were shit', I cringe with embarrasment because I know I was sat at home playing with my cars and toy garage.

No did not attend I was working but attended on Wed before Shewsbury town away 3rd round replay lost 2-1 Matt Grey scored I think, met a fellow blue Bill Gwyther on station after the game waiting for footy special our darkest day few years later huged each other in the Prater stadium. Football eh "boddy ell"

Definitely a Wednesday night match<br /><br />-- Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:50 pm --<br /><br />
IOWBlue said:
pb1951 said:
Left the house with my uncle to go to the game (lived in Stretford) the Match special bus did not turn up due to bad weather went home very disappointed

You lightweight PB, my brother also lived in Stretford, was there. He tells me that if it wasnt for 50 or 60 fans from another team turning up ( think their game v Bury was postponed ) it would have been a fair bit worse. ;)

Fair comment but I was too young to go on my own
By the way it was a Wednesday night match not a Saturday

I was there, I am sure it was a Saturday even though I was a young kid I remember Summerbee being on the right wing, I thought he was a good player and was pleased when we signed him the following close season.

Those were really dark days and look where we are now

Yes. I was on the old scoreboard end with my dad. Don't remember much about it though - old age I guess! However I do remember Harry Dowd playing at centre forward against Bury and scoring and Derek Kevan and Jimmy Murray knocking goals in for fun! Happy days - although we were rubbish until Joe and Malcolm came along!

I was there in the Kippax.
I too thought it was a Saturday game and seem to remember it pouring down.
Did buzzer score one of their goals?

dawlish dave said:
Blue Mist said:
No I missed this one and ever since I have hated myself because of it. How can I call myself a true Blue ? When the away fans sing 'where were you when you were shit', I cringe with embarrasment because I know I was sat at home playing with my cars and toy garage.

No did not attend I was working but attended on Wed before Shewsbury town away 3rd round replay lost 2-1 Matt Grey scored I think, met a fellow blue Bill Gwyther on station after the game waiting for footy special our darkest day few years later huged each other in the Prater stadium. Football eh "boddy ell"
Was there, and the Shrews away. Think Matt Grey scored in the last minute.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.