Swings and Roundabouts -Decisions for and Against

Blimey this is hard work.

I did read your post, I said the two are in no way comparable is that simple enough for you? If you think they are then I truly despair.

I never said we were the better side in the second half please point to where I said that?

I really can't be arsed to try and explain this to you any further, as you clearly are unable or unwilling to grasp the point. I will leave it to fellow blues on here to decide which side of the debate they are.

Again for simplicity, you believe somehow that the decisions had no bearing on the result despite two 'clear' (not marginal) offside decisions. You think that the result was wholly down to our performance.....

Obviously you don't understand the impact or agree with the importance of psychology or confidence as to what then happens on the pitch. It's known as cause and effect.

Classic response "unable or unwilling to grasp the point". Maybe I just have a difference of opinion?

As for "importance of psychology or confidence", if we crumble when a decision goes against the team then we don't have the character needed to be champions.

BTW, I don't think Kane's go was clear cut and goal number 2 was the game changer, cause shocking defending.

Goal number 2 we still had a chance to get something, and a draw would have been reasonable at WHL. The third killed the game as a contest.

Fine at least it appears you have grasped my point of view but don't agree, no issue with that.

I think you are fundamentally wrong to discount the impact of those decisions on the outcome of the game, not least because we were in total command before the first. You disagree , so I think our personal debate is over.

I think there is a reasonable debate around whether such travesty of justice should impact the players but they are humans not machines so I would argue that to lose your composure under such circumstances is understandable.

Classic response "unable or unwilling to grasp the point". Maybe I just have a difference of opinion?

As for "importance of psychology or confidence", if we crumble when a decision goes against the team then we don't have the character needed to be champions.

BTW, I don't think Kane's go was clear cut and goal number 2 was the game changer, cause shocking defending.

They were both clear cut. A set piece is easy to spot an offside when the ball is struck. Nothing a linesman has to do is easier.

CP1GMGdWIAQqlCq.jpg

BENT!!
To be honest I can see why he's not given that, his view is blocked by that big fat bribe he's been given.

Fucking ****.

When you at that picture it really is hard to explain why it was not flagged, clear cut, no players in his vision, a straightforward an offside as he could wish to call. If he wishes to call it?????

One very easy way to stop all this, instant replay's , the technology is readily available and is proven.
Rugby, both codes use it, cricket, tennis use it.
I wonder why it is not utilised in football? Well, I don't really, it's obvious in my opinion, the fiddle factor would be removed.
Goal line technology was eventually introduced years too late, again, in my opinion the game is bent.
Correct!

It's not the 1900s anymore like a lot of football people seem to think, we are in 2015 and we could utilise video technology to bring this sport into the modern era and improve it beyond all belief.

Three things a Video Referee should be used for if the on-field officials aren't sure or a team has a genuine problem with:
1. Should a goal be awarded or not? If an incident leading up to a goal deems it should not be given but it needs clarifying, go to the VR and get the right decision (offsides, fouls etc. directly leading up to a goal like yesterday).
2. Should a penalty be awarded or not? If it isn't clear whether someone is fouled or whether it's handball or whether it's in or outside the box, go to the VR and get the right decision.
3. Should a player be sent off or not? If it's unclear whether a player has committed a red card offence, go to the VR to get the right decision.

Nothing else, just those three to go with the goal line technology we already have.

That's it.

And only if the on-field officials have no clue or if a team is certain they've been hard done to.

All the ridiculous debates we have season-on-season about poor decisions would be gone in an instant. This argument is a very sad state of affairs when we have multiple camera angles that we could check in a matter of seconds. I find it the most utterly pathetic thing about this sport, and there are many utterly pathetic things in this sport.

You could argue that this sport shouldn't be taken seriously at all when such poor decisions can be made when there is the technology there (and it has been for a number of decades now) that can correct them. You could basically just laugh at results and pack up, throw our Seasoncards in the bin and not bother with the sport any longer. That's how pathetic it is that this sport doesn't have a Video Referee.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.