Swings and Roundabouts -Decisions for and Against

What Pellegrini says publicly and what he thinks privately are two different things I would argue.

What was the cause of the poor mentality? Would the poor mentality have even been an issue were it not for the awarding of a goal to spurs ? (which in effect is what it was) To claim that the two decisions in the first half are in any way comparable is a joke. De Bruyne was looking down the line and timed his run to perfection. Running at xx miles an hour you can't really legislate for a toe not quite being in aligment , equally true for the lino making the call.

Poor shape? The first, our defensive line was impeccable, the second was a free kick as was the third. To compound the issue that was put in by Kane in an offside position which effectively killed the game as a contest. Anything after that, well, the damage had already been done.

You seem to completely ignore the importance of psychology in the game. There might be a debate to be had around mental strength and composure, but to try and deny that the officials had no impact on the game and we would have lost the game anyway without those decisions is quite frankly laughable. I can't really believe that you are being serious!?

Read the post, theirs was miles offside ours was marginal.
The facts are we were 1-1 at HT and got outplayed 2nd half. If you thought we were the better side 2nd half, frankly I find that laughable.

As for defending the poor mentality sometimes decision go against you, it's how you react that matters.

Whilst the Walker decision was a disgrace, our second half performance was even worse. It was absolutely appalling and I hope there's a serious inquest.

Please get on script, it much easier to blame the officials for our 2nd half capitulation.

Read the post, theirs was miles offside ours was marginal.
The facts are we were 1-1 at HT and got outplayed 2nd half. If you thought we were the better side 2nd half, frankly I find that laughable.

As for defending the poor mentality sometimes decision go against you, it's how you react that matters.

Blimey this is hard work.

I did read your post, I said the two are in no way comparable is that simple enough for you? If you think they are then I truly despair.

I never said we were the better side in the second half please point to where I said that?

I really can't be arsed to try and explain this to you any further, as you clearly are unable or unwilling to grasp the point. I will leave it to fellow blues on here to decide which side of the debate they are.

Again for simplicity, you believe somehow that the decisions had no bearing on the result despite two 'clear' (not marginal) offside decisions. You think that the result was wholly down to our performance.....

Obviously you don't understand the impact or agree with the importance of psychology or confidence as to what then happens on the pitch. It's known as cause and effect.

Last edited:
Yesterday the officials were Mark Clattenburg, S Beck and J Collin. We conceded 4 goals with 2 of them clearly offside.

In April the officials were Mark Clattenburg, S Beck and J Collin. We conceded 4 goals with 2 of them clearly offside.

I'm sure it'll be a long wait before we get gifted 4 goals from these bent bastards.

Edit:

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/referees/appointments/

Yep, absolutely right, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out.....

You can a comparable table for the Scum. Their win at Southampton was the mirror image of our defeat yesterday. They were getting pummelled by Southampton and the match turned on a blatant offside goal for them, which also led to the media wankfest over Martial.

West Ham's goal was not offside - the issue was it was from a corner that should never have been as Kolarov cleared the ball before it was over the line. Later in the second half, we were denied a good attacking position when Sagna was incorrectly adjudged to have carried the ball out over the same goal line (same linesman as I recall). It's that sort of inconsistency that is utterly shocking.

Ultimately this sort of totting up though isn't really helpful. Even if the officials are bent, nobody looking back at history is going to remember anything other than the final league table in May. What MP has to do is to use this as a galvanising force - show the videos to the players to build positive outrage and also remind themselves that we lost these games in part due to very bad luck. Show extra intensity next time and dont let luck take over the game, etc, etc.

Yesterday the officials were Mark Clattenburg, S Beck and J Collin. We conceded 4 goals with 2 of them clearly offside.

In April the officials were Mark Clattenburg, S Beck and J Collin. We conceded 4 goals with 2 of them clearly offside.

I'm sure it'll be a long wait before we get gifted 4 goals from these bent bastards.

Edit:

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/referees/appointments/
The good news is that may be the last time they ever ref one of our games, the club will be as angry as we are

One very easy way to stop all this, instant replay's , the technology is readily available and is proven.
Rugby, both codes use it, cricket, tennis use it.
I wonder why it is not utilised in football? Well, I don't really, it's obvious in my opinion, the fiddle factor would be removed.
Goal line technology was eventually introduced years too late, again, in my opinion the game is bent.
Did anyone watch the England Wales match last night? It is not a sport I know much about, but Wales scored a key try (which apparently was perfectly OK) but the official insisted on a video replay just to be sure. I'm pretty sure if he had just incorrectly disallowed it the result of the game would have been different, so it was right thing to do, also play was not held up. I kind of agree that video replays been used left, right and centre would have a negative impact on a football match, but for a key decision, particularly a key goal scoring decision like yesterday they must happen sooner rather than later.

You can a comparable table for the Scum. Their win at Southampton was the mirror image of our defeat yesterday. They were getting pummelled by Southampton and the match turned on a blatant offside goal for them, which also led to the media wankfest over Martial.

West Ham's goal was not offside - the issue was it was from a corner that should never have been as Kolarov cleared the ball before it was over the line. Later in the second half, we were denied a good attacking position when Sagna was incorrectly adjudged to have carried the ball out over the same goal line (same linesman as I recall). It's that sort of inconsistency that is utterly shocking.

Ultimately this sort of totting up though isn't really helpful. Even if the officials are bent, nobody looking back at history is going to remember anything other than the final league table in May. What MP has to do is to use this as a galvanising force - show the videos to the players to build positive outrage and also remind themselves that we lost these games in part due to very bad luck. Show extra intensity next time and dont let luck take over the game, etc, etc.

I agree we have to take these bad decisions and turn them into a positive galvanising force. That said, it must be hard when you are working your nuts off, execute your defensive line perfectly, only to be undone by dodgy officiating.

There's no denying those decisions yesterday served to give confidence to Spurs and their fans and the opposite to us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.