Switzerland v Spain | Euro 2020 Quarter Final

What will the result be?

• Switzerland (in 120 minutes)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spain (in 120 minutes)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Matterface " the reason Alba is credited with the goal is because his shot was on target" when he said it I thought is he making that up? New rule? Then uefa rightly gave it as an og

In Spain (like Liverpool) the wingers have more "freedom" to play inside with the fullbacks predominately staying wide.

This suits Torres way more and is why players like Salah get so many goals, I don't really think of Salah as a winger anymore, he just lets Trent stay wide and he goes inside to score or create goals.

At City, the wingers are all about staying wide and doing 1v1s, pace is important, but dribbling ability is king, Foden and Mahrez are simply the best of the best here.

In Spain (like Liverpool) the wingers have more "freedom" to play inside with the fullbacks predominately staying wide.

This suits Torres way more and is why players like Salah get so many goals, I don't really think of Salah as a winger anymore, he just lets Trent stay wide and he goes inside to score or create goals.

At City, the wingers are all about staying wide and doing 1v1s, pace is important, but dribbling ability is king, Foden and Mahrez are simply the best of the best here.
It's not just Spain these days either. Sterling especially and Saka were both encouraged to come inside for England, albeit a bit deeper.

When I think about it, having wingers who stick as close to the touchline is the unusual thing these days.

I agree it suits Torres more, but tbh I think there are very few players who benefit from the City system ahead of other systems as far as individual performances are concerned.

It's not just Spain these days either. Sterling especially and Saka were both encouraged to come inside for England, albeit a bit deeper.

When I think about it, having wingers who stick as close to the touchline is the unusual thing these days.

I agree it suits Torres more, but tbh I think there are very few players who benefit from the City system ahead of other systems as far as individual performances are concerned.
Yeah the way we use them wide is definitely out of fashion (Mbappe, Ronaldo, Messi etc).

I will about England, they did use a 343, so the wingers kind of "defaulted" to an inside role.

This is why Chelsea had success with 343 and other clubs have as well, because it fits modern football players way more, wingers playing inside, fullbacks staying wide.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.