What will the result be?

• Switzerland (in 120 minutes)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spain (in 120 minutes)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've got no problem with Pep keeping his wingers wide

I do have a problem with him now often playing a right footer on the left and left footer on the right. It takes away the width you've set out for, and removes too much end product from a guy like Sterling

Our attack under him has looked at its best when it's been Sane on the left and Sterling on the right, with KDB and Merlin feeding both
That old way of playing was tied into the way we pressed. Since 17/18 we've season by season decreased how much we press, and last season we were an average side as far as pressing intensity was concerned.

When you press less, you need to hold the ball longer, and you need inverted wingers who can hog a ball, like Mahrez and Foden.

FWIW, I'm 99% convinced fitness is what's driven the press reduction. Last season especially we started games like a house on fire and died off painfully, which is what triggered the more conservative game style we saw last season.

Hopefully with a preseason behind we can press more, leading to more adventurous wing play.

De Jong and Souness punditry differs exactly how 'school of football' they originated from differed; de Jong clearly breaks down the formation, explains the role of wide players in regard to their attackers, gives the position of MF players and how they move, etc and Souness.....compresses everything in 'old school-mf' phrase.
Horrible game by the way, Swiss so far as a very cheap version of England.

Why would you slow that counter attack right down? Sprint 50 yards, get the ball and then just walk. That sums up Torres' season with us, far far too safe.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.