Switzerland v Spain | Euro 2020 Quarter Final

What will the result be?

• Switzerland (in 120 minutes)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spain (in 120 minutes)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah the way we use them wide is definitely out of fashion (Mbappe, Ronaldo, Messi etc).

I will about England, they did use a 343, so the wingers kind of "defaulted" to an inside role.

This is why Chelsea had success with 343 and other clubs have as well, because it fits modern football players way more, wingers playing inside, fullbacks staying wide.
Turns out Pep's the one who's a dinosaur all along..

Yeah the way we use them wide is definitely out of fashion (Mbappe, Ronaldo, Messi etc).

I will about England, they did use a 343, so the wingers kind of "defaulted" to an inside role.

This is why Chelsea had success with 343 and other clubs have as well, because it fits modern football players way more, wingers playing inside, fullbacks staying wide.
just a bunch of managers trying to turn every winger into Messi and Ronaldo and it doesn't work, as proven with Foden for England.

It's fashionable but not the best option. Used mainly to pack the midfield to protect the team because the manager doesn't have faith in his own abilities to coach the defensive transition properly.

Anyway, we're seeing the downside of a cupset now as the Swiss had their cup final on Monday and haven't turned up tonight.

just a bunch of managers trying to turn every winger into Messi and Ronaldo and it doesn't work, as proven with Foden for England.

It's fashionable but not the best option. Used mainly to pack the midfield to protect the team because the manager doesn't have faith in his own abilities to coach the defensive transition properly.

Anyway, we're seeing the downside of a cupset now as the Swiss had their cup final on Monday and haven't turned up tonight.
Yeah I guess I should have said that I don't mean to say Pep's way is wrong.

He clearly see's merits to wide wingers and the trophies we've won are proof that he knows what he's doing, I just think it perhaps is harder to adjust to for players than other systems, although that was probably obvious for many years now.

Yeah I guess I should have said that I don't mean to say Pep's way is wrong.

He clearly see's merits to wide wingers and the trophies we've won are proof that he knows what he's doing, I just think it perhaps is harder to adjust to for players than other systems, although that was probably obvious for many years now.
Pep needs to open the midfield to give Kev and Gundy the openings, most other teams need to protect themselves so need to compact the midfield to close off the opposition having opportunities.

I've got no problem with Pep keeping his wingers wide

I do have a problem with him now often playing a right footer on the left and left footer on the right. It takes away the width you've set out for, and removes too much end product from a guy like Sterling

Our attack under him has looked at its best when it's been Sane on the left and Sterling on the right, with KDB and Merlin feeding both

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.