SWP doesn't deserve a new contract

Seosa

He was bloody awful today, it summed up how he's been all season. Why AJ didn't start I do not know. I love Shauny to bits but I get the impression he's past it. He couldn't hack the pressure at Chelsea, and he's been poor when the pressure's been on this season. Its all well and good looking good in a poor team like Ireland and Robinho did last season, but theres a reason why Jose didn't rate him, and its because he isn't at that level. When Johnno came on he looked like the pre-Chelsea Shaun, if not better. So for me, Johnno has to start every game now, and Shaun needs to prove his worth, because based on the form he's shown for the last 12 months I wouldn't be surprised if he's shown the door come the summer.

*sigh*

He looked head and shoulders above Johnson against Chelsea. He also had a good game playing for his country midweek.

How short and selective memories are these days.

Disagree, at Chelsea Johnson was shite and SWP did the business, today role reversal, it is why we have a squad of players the trick is to change the players who are off their game and bring on players who can get you points. Not convinced about Mancini as a manager but have to give him credit for changing the players and the game, however it would be nice if he could get the team selection right from kick off.

He's too predictable. Will always look to go on the outside. He isn't a good enough footballer to compensate for this.

In truth, it's unfair to single him out but there are probably about 4 or 5 out of today's team who aren't good enough for where we want to be...not if they were to play week in week out anyway.

Damocles said:
*sigh*

He looked head and shoulders above Johnson against Chelsea. He also had a good game playing for his country midweek.

So two decent 10 minute spells make up for an abysmall season do they?

S.E.H said:
He was bloody awful today, it summed up how he's been all season. Why AJ didn't start I do not know. I love Shauny to bits but I get the impression he's past it. He couldn't hack the pressure at Chelsea, and he's been poor when the pressure's been on this season. Its all well and good looking good in a poor team like Ireland and Robinho did last season, but theres a reason why Jose didn't rate him, and its because he isn't at that level. When Johnno came on he looked like the pre-Chelsea Shaun, if not better. So for me, Johnno has to start every game now, and Shaun needs to prove his worth, because based on the form he's shown for the last 12 months I wouldn't be surprised if he's shown the door come the summer.

i agree mate he was utter shite today and has been for a while. how can he go and ask for a new contract after that !! he should give city some back

S.E.H said:
Damocles said:
*sigh*

So two decent 10 minute spells make up for an abysmall season do they?

6 goals and 9 assists from a right winger who has played 20 odd games is abysmal?

That's the point, he's inconsistent, from game to game, sometimes he goes and leaves the ball behind him, he is not as quick as he was and loses possession too often, mind you Bellers had a poor game today and was guilty of all the same failings as SWP.
We can't keep persecuting our managers for poor individual performances, we've got to start asking question of the boys who wear the shirt, they are the common denominator, we can't keep sacking managers, it is sheer lunacy!!

As far as I'm concerned if Cooke and Marwood off SWP a wage of 2 magic beans to play for City that's too much.

He is awful, really are biggest threat down that right hand side while he was Richards, followed by their left-back.

Can't cross, pass, take corners, take free-kicks and his positional sense today was shocking, you're on the right wing, not centre midfield. Worst of all he did not get past a player once in the match, it took Johnson about 30 seconds to do it.

If anyone can name me one thing apart from defensive covering that SWP does better than Johnson, please enlighten me.

Waste of space!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.