SWP ineffective

Immaculate Pasta said:
The trouble with SWP this season is that even when he is scoring and setting goals up he is still getting called crap.

What the hell does he have to do? He's absouloutley fine, stop expecting too much from him and sit back, get a drink and actually look at what he does in the 90mins rather than pick out the few bad passes or missed dribbles.

Thank fuck the management staff see it as if it was upto the fans, he wouldn't get near the 18 man squad and that would make us a worse side.

well said Pastaman.

I've yet to see Petrov make a tackle, and away from home against a side with good wide players then the winger must do more to help his full-backs. Shaunny does this in spades and for the full 90.
Also SWP is a little exposed wide right going forward if Stevie isn't playing and has to get past 2/3 defenders on his own.

You dont bring Petrov on when one each away from home and the game in the balance, you risk exposing Bridge down the left flank. If you are a goal down with 20 to play, then by all means bring him on, you need the goal!

As for SWP, he seems to be playing at 60% capacity. I have always been an admirer of Shaun, but maybe he needs a rest, and give Vlad the Impaler a go, just to shake things up a bit, see how Vlad copes and SWP reacts.

makes me smile when people say leave shaun out and replace with ireland, bellers etc, shaun has a role in the team and its working, end of

SWP in my opinion is the weak link in our attacking line up.

I think sometimes he can be too predictable, and could find himself on the bench after January... Thoughts?

Obvious change for me when he brought RSC on was to also bring on Petrov on for SWP.

With Ade and RSC up front, we needed quality balls played into the box. Bellamy on the right, Petrov on the left and go at them for the final twenty. Bridge could have been told to just sit and not go over the halfway line to keep the shape at the back with Rigsby on the pitch.

SWP was poor last night, I don't think anyone could dispute that.

Fair enough at 1-1 the game was in the balance but with the two big lads on we had a chance for all 3 points.

Anyway, a point at Villa is not a bad result.

before january,id like to see tevez onthe right,with kompany barry ireland bellars,ade upfront alone.give swp a rest

the problem is on here if you say anything about one of the favourites almost everyone rounds on you, phillips was not on the bench every week at chelsea for nothing and someone needs to show tevez how to pass the ball to a city shirt or did none of you notice

SWP is probably due a rest but, to say he should not get in, in front of this player or that player is a joke i think petrov is a luxury player not got it defensively
SWP offers his fullback great protection and works his balls off he must also be the most fouled player in the league he will prove invaluable as the season progresses
i do think maybe we should look to rotate certain players in certain games but last night was not one of those games no one can do what shaun does on the right the closest is bellamy but he is required to do this on the left.

montonblue said:
Obvious change for me when he brought RSC on was to also bring on Petrov on for SWP.

With Ade and RSC up front, we needed quality balls played into the box. Bellamy on the right, Petrov on the left and go at them for the final twenty. Bridge could have been told to just sit and not go over the halfway line to keep the shape at the back with Rigsby on the pitch.

SWP was poor last night, I don't think anyone could dispute that.

Fair enough at 1-1 the game was in the balance but with the two big lads on we had a chance for all 3 points.

Anyway, a point at Villa is not a bad result.

think that is what hughes was planning to do just before we scored,petrov was warming up,but when we scored i think he thought we are not chasing the game anymore,so petrov would leave us exposed defensivly,so thought better of it. was a big game for both teams last night,people on both sides with points to prove,and i think the constant booing took it's toll on barry. i feel out of the two teams we looked the more likely to take the win. i am very happy with the way our season is panning out.

It wasn't a bad result last night but they were there for the taking.Petrov would have skinned that fullback and got plenty of crosses in.SWP is going from bad to worse,he was hiding last night because he is so short of confidence.I can put up with people having bad games but at the moment he is worse than bad.He is struggling to make simple 10 yard passes and looks incapable of beating a fullback.Crossing and a football brain have never been his strong point,so if he can't beat his man he's er not very good at all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.