SWP ineffective

The reason he played instead of Petrov is because he is very good defensively as he is at attacking. He has been poor the last 2-3 games, but has still been very effective this season with a couple of goals and quite a few assists. He's going through a bad patch at the moment just like every player will so people should get off his back. I've also noticed that people seem to moan when he doesn't beat a man, but the amount of times he runs at player, he's gonna get tackled now and again, he does beat his man a lot and it is as exciting as anything when he's running at someone, just because he won't beat him everytime doesn't make him shit.

Sweep is really ineffective. I mean based on form i think bellers should be on the right and petrov on the left. Even though sweep is good defensively , he ends up losing the ball on the attack . I mean its a team game , be a little selfless like ireland. I mean every time sweep has the ball and is running at defenders , I know he's going to lose the ball. Why can't he understand that if it doesn't work once , its not going to work ever.
Why can't he be more like walcott who makes brilliant runs and doesn't lose possession. I mean to say, sweep does have the pace , so use that to your advantage.

Immediately prior to our equalizer, Hughes was going to make a double substitution with Petrov replacing SWP as well as RSC for Tevez. Petrov would supply the crosses for Adebayor and RSC. My view is that, when the goal went in, Tevez was playing okay and we were well on top. Both changes should therefore have been delayed. Instead, Hughes brings on RSC leaving two big guys up front. In that scenario, he needed someone to supply the aerial crosses as SWP cannot cross to save his life. SWP was clearly preferred by Hughes for his defensive capabilities. Seems like a tactical blunder by Hughes rather than SWP being at fault. Incidentally, am I right in guessing that Villa won over 80% of all headed duels.

Ive said this a few times recently. Wee are at a point where now we have top class players like ade, barry, toure, tevez etc in the team. When you see players of this calibre theres always gonna be weaknesses that still exist from the old starting line up. I for one felt we had, apart from Richards, finally rid of our weaknesses and that SWP and Stevie would shine with better players. However so far, imo, shaun and stevie have looked like players who would drop out for better players coming in to complete that starting 11.

lionheart said:
Immediately prior to our equalizer, Hughes was going to make a double substitution with Petrov replacing SWP as well as RSC for Tevez. Petrov would supply the crosses for Adebayor and RSC. My view is that, when the goal went in, Tevez was playing okay and we were well on top. Both changes should therefore have been delayed. Instead, Hughes brings on RSC leaving two big guys up front. In that scenario, he needed someone to supply the aerial crosses as SWP cannot cross to save his life. SWP was clearly preferred by Hughes for his defensive capabilities. Seems like a tactical blunder by Hughes rather than SWP being at fault. Incidentally, am I right in guessing that Villa won over 80% of all headed duels.

Petrov definitely had his training top off ready to come on, imo after we scored the change made should have been Tevez for Petrov.

Bellamy would then have had license to roam as well as giving Petrov help down the left if their full back pushed on.

What annoys me though is that anyone with an opinion different to Hughes is classed as stupid just because he is the boss - it is worth bearing in mind that we in the stands have a better view of the game sometimes than the man in the dugout.

SWP probably had imo the worst game i have seen him have in a City shirt since his return.

SWP had a job to do last night and it wasnt to attack Warnock.
Villa are very strong down there left and SWP job was to help out Zab.
When SWP got the ball up the field he would be isolated alot of the time trying to beat two alot of the time.
I do think his stamina has dropped a little of late but he gets clattered alot and ref's dont protect him where as Bellers doesnt get the clatterings due to the right sided players know that he will give it out and Ref's get an ear bashing if someone tries, were as SWP is not that sort of player.
Thought Zab was not that good either last night if people are jumping on peoples backs, but hoe I actually look at it is that we have progressed and the season is only just beginning and we are 4th and only lost one draw one and those two games are against teams who finished above us last season.

Lets stop jumping on players backs. If Petrov had played last night Bridge would have got tore to bits, but no Bellers backed him up just like SWP was doing on the other side, end of.

I love the guy to bits and he works so hard for the team but he's lacking confidence at the moment and his touch has gone a little bit due to this, he'll be back though.

keith Curley Watts said:
How he got the nod over Petrov i just dont know and when we had to target men leading the line why was he not brought on and Bellamy switched to the right! these little things are the difference between winning and drawing games! For me i love SWP but he should be a squad player now and be no way near the first team.
He worked his bollocks off, never stopped running and got kicked all over the park. For me, it's just the sort of performance we need away from home against good opposition, Petrov wouldn't have put that sort of graft in and that's why he get's the nod!

He may be the difference between 4th and 5th... He'll probably get away with mixed performances until xmas. then we'll dip in the transfer market and get ourselves a complete winger..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.