SWP ineffective

keith Curley Watts said:
How he got the nod over Petrov i just dont know and when we had to target men leading the line why was he not brought on and Bellamy switched to the right! these little things are the difference between winning and drawing games! For me i love SWP but he should be a squad player now and be no way near the first team.
Agreed.

Plus a bloke at the Cheese spilt 2 pints. Not funny.

My Villa mate was telling me that loads of their fans have been getting on Ashley Young's back this season, players have drops in form and at the moment SWP isn't playing as well as he can. In current form SWP will probably drop to the bench for the Wigan game and thats the benefit of having such a strong squad. Hopefully the rest will do him good and he'll take his chance either off the bench or when he gets a start. Saying that he might have a blinder for England and come back well up for it!

The Fixer said:
Love SWP but now i understand why he was a bench warmer at chelsea. NOT CONSISTENT ENOUGH 4 A TOP 4 SIDE simple as that when he's on blob he's the best around when he's average he's average, still love him tho.

These 2 lines probably sumed up my 12 line essay about him and how bad he was tonight lol

Spot on post for me that.

SWP was very poor tonight. Looked lacking in confidence but also looked tired/lazy. Suggest a few matches on the bench might perk him up a bit.

I love SWP and think he was used for his defensive qualities tonight.

SWP is at his best when our midfield play higher up the pitch.

Saying that though i think that if Elano had not pissed off Hughes he would now be our first choice on the RW.

Sort it out shaun, we know your better than this

I still think SWP has got a lot to offer and if he does get back to his best he would easily be in my starting eleven, but I think his current and serious dip in form has got to make him questionable for the Wigan game. I said the same with Richards, sometimes leaving them on the pitch when they're playing badly knocks their confidence much more than just letting them sit one or two games out.

Tonight, he was just devoid of ideas. He needs to start understanding that he can't run through players!

The trouble with SWP this season is that even when he is scoring and setting goals up he is still getting called crap.

What the hell does he have to do? He's absouloutley fine, stop expecting too much from him and sit back, get a drink and actually look at what he does in the 90mins rather than pick out the few bad passes or missed dribbles.

Thank fuck the management staff see it as if it was upto the fans, he wouldn't get near the 18 man squad and that would make us a worse side.

SWP looked like he was carrying an injury. He went down a few times apparently in pain with minimal contact. A very troublesome trait of his has always been, giving the ball away to easy, evident again in this game. Hindsight’s a wonderful thing, but maybe as a poster has already suggested, Petrov may have been a more productive choice.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.