SWP on left, Petrov on right, sub a sub = Tactically inept

Brendan110_0 said:
Considering MH came under so much criticism what's the excuse now?........hope the change of manager doesn't cost us on Tuesday, not looking forward to it now :(

WTF??

Yes Mancini got a couple of things wrong today - that's 1 match out of 5 so far, I wish Hughes had been as good.

Did he do anything wrong? or was it that the players were just not up to it, they found are Achilles heel, and we had nothing in the armoury to beat them with, and to be fair they nearly turned Arsenal over at the Emirates playing the same tactics, lots of long ball stuff.

Plus they did not score from open play, if they had I would have been worried

Sooner or later we will play crap, every team does now lets see what the manager does about it

Let's not rewrite history. The OP might not have put it very well but Hughes would have been slated for those subs today.

Should have been Benjani for RSC, then SWP for Petrov. Then later on I would have swapped Bellamy for Robinho, just to save Bellers' legs a bit (plus he wasn't that good today) or perhapes brought on one of the defenders and moved Zab into midfield, where he might have been more effective.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Let's not rewrite history. The OP might not have put it very well but Hughes would have been slated for those subs today.

Should have been Benjani for RSC, then SWP for Petrov. Then later on I would have swapped Bellamy for Robinho, just to save Bellers' legs a bit (plus he wasn't that good today) or perhapes brought on one of the defenders and moved Zab into midfield, where he might have been more effective.
Spot on mate Hughes would have been slaughtered for the tactics today... The first few replies in his thread are laughable.

I hope SWP starts Tuesday... We could really have done with Ade back too

Paranoia seems rife on this site, you can say a thing wrong about the club, if you do you are a Rag or a Newspaper reporter, strange days.

Prestwich_Blue said:

benjani isn't very fit, and that's why he didn't start and nor was he put on in the 1st 5 mins.
Otherwise we continued a tactic that has been successful for us recently! The plan fell apart with the midfield failing to do it's job.

I cant see allot wrong, apart from the dire effort from the players. The point should be , Hughes wasn't capable of making tactical adaptions. He would of never tried to change it at halftime.

We not going to get far with benjani and garridos of the world. But at the moment were making do. 3 of hughes 1st team back four not available, no adebayor ireland or vieira and only half fit players on the bench. Get real guys! Some of you, rubbing your hands together waiting for a chance to criticise after Hughes has gone!

Brendan110_0 said:
Considering MH came under so much criticism what's the excuse now?........hope the change of manager doesn't cost us on Tuesday, not looking forward to it now :(

absolutely ridiculous comment. I'm assuming he should be probably sacked in the morning yea....?

One game!

Brendan110_0 said:

your probably just a hughes inner who couldn't take it that hughes had gone, so you will pic the bones of mancini.

Ducado said:
Did he do anything wrong? or was it that the players were just not up to it, they found are Achilles heel, and we had nothing in the armoury to beat them with, and to be fair they nearly turned Arsenal over at the Emirates playing the same tactics, lots of long ball stuff.

Plus they did not score from open play, if they had I would have been worried

Sooner or later we will play crap, every team does now lets see what the manager does about it

To be fair Ducado they had more than enough opportunitys to score from open play.

I think he made a mistake putting Robinho on but it's all part of the learning curve for him. Plus he had the bottle to take him off which although I didn't agree with showed Bobby Manc has balls.

All in all it looked to me as if Mancini had underestimated Everton a bit given their current league position.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.