SWP on left, Petrov on right, sub a sub = Tactically inept

Lord BLue said:
actually hughes was better. at least defensively 2 defeats in 20 is better than 1 in 5, or did i get my maths wrong there.
yes. think the mistake is in using the word 'defensive'. defensive relates to the number of goals you concede. nearly two per game under hughes this season, .75 per game so far under mancini, albeit not the hardest fixtures, but were they really any easier than bolton and burnley at home?

the defeats thing is completely immaterial, it's the number of points you have. chelsea, utd and arsenal lost more games than we did under hughes in the league.

lancs blue said:
Brendan110_0 said:
Considering MH came under so much criticism what's the excuse now?........hope the change of manager doesn't cost us on Tuesday, not looking forward to it now :(

WTF??

Yes Mancini got a couple of things wrong today - that's 1 match out of 5 so far, I wish Hughes had been as good.

actually hughes was better. at least defensively 2 defeats in 20 is better than 1 in 5, or did i get my maths wrong there.

i'm not pro hughes or anti-mancini, just pro city. and it kind of winds me up the way hughes outers (and others) seem to be looking at mancini through blue tinted spectacles. he's won 4 eminently winnable games, then when the bar was raised a notch he's fallen. mancini still has it all to do for me, but fingers crossed that he can prove himself better than hughes.

roll on tuesday so we can put this behind us.

DirtyHarry said:
lostgalaxy said:
It's more of a strategic thing rather than tactic.

Everton pressed and forced us to play long ball. Not enough possession. Not enough men in the midfield. Remember even Arsenal who's so good at passing fount it difficult to gain a rythm against them. Good job Moyes.

If the squad had trained with the 4-3-1-2 formation it would have been different because that formation allowed better domination of the centre of the field.

Lets hope we can carry on. The real thing can only happen in the next season.

Spot on with the bold as far as I`m concerned.
The worrying thing for me is that we seem very predictable in our pattern of play from Shay, I`m surprised that other teams recently haven`t done exactly what Everton did yesterday and to the same extent.

IMO the other teams have sussed the gap in the midfield they have just not been good enough to exploit it. This is where Vieira will play a valuable role both in training and on the pitch. We will be able to switch tactically with a fully fit squad and given time and sorting out a few enigmas. The defence is improved. The morale was good up to today. Big test Tuesday.

Lord BLue said:
yes. think the mistake is in using the word 'defensive'. defensive relates to the number of goals you concede. nearly two per game under hughes this season, .75 per game so far under mancini, albeit not the hardest fixtures, but were they really any easier than bolton and burnley

the defeats thing is completely immaterial, it's the number of points you have. chelsea, utd and arsenal lost more games than we did under hughes in the league.

First of, it's unbelievable how fickle some fans are. Get a grip.

SWP on the left, not his chosen position, but would you say Capello is tactically inept!? Because he's played SWP there more than once.

Petrov on the right? Wow, when he first did that it was deemed 'tactical genius'. Now we're not winning it's tactically inept?!

As for Robinho, he was a waste of space, and credit to Mancini for subbing him back, he deserved it.

The long and short of it is we conceded two goals based on silly errors- Dejong breaking the wall and Richards shirt tugging.
Yes, we were outplayed, but I'm pretty sure Everton otuplayed Arsenal at the Emirates, and they are supposed to be title contenders.

Storm, teacup. Bring on the rags.

GStar said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Let's not rewrite history. The OP might not have put it very well but Hughes would have been slated for those subs today.

Should have been Benjani for RSC, then SWP for Petrov. Then later on I would have swapped Bellamy for Robinho, just to save Bellers' legs a bit (plus he wasn't that good today) or perhapes brought on one of the defenders and moved Zab into midfield, where he might have been more effective.
Spot on mate Hughes would have been slaughtered for the tactics today... The first few replies in his thread are laughable.

I hope SWP starts Tuesday... We could really have done with Ade back too

Couldn't agree more.

Hughes better than Mancini? First of all we need to give him some time so it's FAIR to compare them AND when did how many matches we lost indicate anything? IT'S THE FUCKING POINTS that counts, I don't care if Hughes never lost a match, 38draws will only give 38 points ffs. Your reasoning is so incredible poor Lord Blue, unbelievable that anyone can use the only lost two matches argument or whatever, THE POINTS count, nothing else.

Hughes better than Mancini? First of all we need to give him some time so it's FAIR to compare them AND when did how many matches we lost indicate anything? IT'S THE FUCKING POINTS that counts, I don't care if Hughes never lost a match, 38draws will only give 38 points ffs. Your reasoning is so incredible poor Lord Blue, unbelievable that anyone can use the only lost two matches argument or whatever, THE POINTS count, nothing else.

We were awful yesterday. We got a few things wrong. I'd rather we got beat yesterday and showed our vulnerabilities than on Tuesday. I'll say the same thing as I said for Hughes, give it time. It don't happen overnight.

Brendan110_0 said:
Considering MH came under so much criticism what's the excuse now?........hope the change of manager doesn't cost us on Tuesday, not looking forward to it now :(

Dont agree with your post, but like your location.
Bob Dylan fan?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.