SWP

We need a strong squad and Hughes will have to rotate players more so I'm sure Hughes will want to keep SWP. It's all very hypothetical until we have more certainty over incoming transfers but if we are in a position to field a front three of Tevez, Eto'o and Robi, they could, IMO, be regularly backed-up by a midfield of SWP, Ireland and Barry. The last three all have great engines and can tackle (but lack a bit of height) so dispensing with a DM (especially in home games would be an option). SWP runs with the ball more than any player in the league and he can also drop to RB if needed so he surely remains a valuable asset in a balanced squad.

dw7 said:
rsc
eto
robhino
tevez

are all ahead of swp thats if we got all them

why is rsc ahead of him....plays a completely different position!!!!!

so does robbie really...he either playus central or left.......rarely on the right

Clearly played injured for much of last season and never saw the best of him.

I think he will have a good stint in the first team this season if he stays fit and healthy.

simon23 said:
dw7 said:
rsc
eto
robhino
tevez

so does robbie really...he either playus central or left.......rarely on the right

Mate you're not understanding, what he is saying with them players he struggles to see where swp would fit in to a system.

simon23 said:
dw7 said:
rsc
eto
robhino
tevez

what im getting at they are all attacking players if we got all 4 and by the looks of it we have 2 swp be the 5 best attacking player at best

Zab mentioned last season that it's easy playing RB for us because of the cover (or something like that).

I'm sure that was partly owing to the workrate of SWeeP - IMO Hughes won't drop a player who puts that much into each game, just like Ireland.

We looked weaker on the left hand side last season (and in the middle) - whilst Micah had some issues hopefuly he'll recapture his form, either way the frailties or not with Shauny so I reckon he'll stay and get a regular start.

OB1 said:
We need a strong squad and Hughes will have to rotate players more so I'm sure Hughes will want to keep SWP. It's all very hypothetical until we have more certainty over incoming transfers but if we are in a position to field a front three of Tevez, Eto'o and Robi, they could, IMO, be regularly backed-up by a midfield of SWP, Ireland and Barry. The last three all have great engines and can tackle (but lack a bit of height) so dispensing with a DM (especially in home games would be an option). SWP runs with the ball more than any player in the league and he can also drop to RB if needed so he surely remains a valuable asset in a balanced squad.

Agree with this 100%. Contrary to many cyber whingers, I thought some of SWP's best games last season were in midfield; Arsenal for instance.

SWP isn't just competing with the forwards, he's competing with the midfield too. This level of competition in the squad SHOULD mean that we put out strong, comitted, sides in the cup competitions & vastly increase our chances of actually winning one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.