SWP

sorry shauny... welcome to the bench

............................given
zabba.........onouha..........kompany.......bridge
..........................de jong...........................
...............ireland..............barry..................
.......tevez.............................robinho.........
.........................eto'o/rsc.........................

bench:
keeper??
dunne
richards
sweep
bellamy
rsc (if we get eto'o)
caicedo

we can only dream huh?

Seeing as he to fill in the central midfield positions and then suffered that stupid suspension and injury last season, some on here are a bit quick to write him off?

Disagree, if we are playing striker up front who needs supply of crosses from flank, if Robbie is on left can't see that many coming from him, at set pieces I can see Barry taking most of those but from open play I can see SWP being ahead of Ireland.

Barry
SWP De Jong Robbie

Tevez
RSC

SWP will need games just as much as Tevez to earn world cup place, Ireland hasn't committed himself to Ireland, he may be at most risk from being dropped.

Rammyblues said:

Disagree, if we are playing striker up front who needs supply of crosses from flank, if Robbie is on left can't see that many coming from him, at set pieces I can see Barry taking most of those but from open play I can see SWP being ahead of Ireland.

Barry
SWP De Jong Robbie

Tevez
RSC

SWP will need games just as much as Tevez to earn world cup place, Ireland hasn't committed himself to Ireland, he may be at most risk from being dropped.

i really don't think ireland would be dropped. like i said barry is rubbish in a 442. and that team would cause us to be ripped apart.

I thing a de jong, barry and ireland midfield i pretty much nailed on.

The front 3 is what should be debated...

We'll most likely be playing a 4-3-3.

With Santa Cruz spearheading the attack as the target man, Tevez (touch wood) and Robinho either side of him as support strikers, their natural positions.

Probably then a 3 man solid midfield. With Ireland and Barry in CM, and De Jong just behind holding as a DM.

So something like:

Robinho............RSC..............Tevez
...........Barry.............Ireland..........
..................De Jong......................
Bridge.....Dunne...Kompany........Zaba

Thing with SWP is he can slot in as a support striker, or as a centre mid as he showed this season. So he will get into the team. Versatility is a word Hughes likes so SWP will have a part to play, i'm sure of it.

Elano if he shuts his fucking trap and gets his head down will as well. Same can be said of Bojinov and Bellamy also.
Let's just hope that our players see the bigger picture and get behind the manager.

Its a squad game chaps.. room for everyone .. injuries happen to unfortunately too.. so SWP will sit tight and will play more than not..

Cant wait for next season as it is.. if we get all the other linked targets i'm gonna wet myself !!!

Blue moon ..............

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.