SWP

With the players he is bringing in he will have options to play 4-3-3 or 4-4-2.

obviously SWP will play in a 4-4-2 but will still get games as cover in midfield or attacking in a 4-3-3.

.................Kompany/De jong...............

.......Ireland/SWP........Barry/Elano.........

.Tevez/SWP..................Robinho/Bellamy.

...................RSC/Bojinov?..................

it'll make a change for players to be fighting for a game

GStar said:
Challenger1978 said:
mcfc1996 said:
Anyone who thinks SWP is going to be warming the bench next season has been drinking heavily

This ^^^^^

SWP can play MR, AMR, MC, AMC naturally, and can also play RB, DM and ML, AML at a push. Couple that with his high work effic and his ability to get past a man and i just can not see him featuring in a load of games next year hes just to usefull a player.

Fielding our strongest XI, he'll be on the bench, and i'm stone cold sober.

Given

Micah
Kompany
Onuoha
Bridge

De Jong
Barry
Ireland

Tevez
RSC
Robinho

And there's still the mumblings of; Eto'o, Kolo, Yaya, Lescott etc

That's YOUR strongest team. I'd change at least 2 from that.

GStar said:
Challenger1978 said:
mcfc1996 said:
Anyone who thinks SWP is going to be warming the bench next season has been drinking heavily

This ^^^^^

SWP can play MR, AMR, MC, AMC naturally, and can also play RB, DM and ML, AML at a push. Couple that with his high work effic and his ability to get past a man and i just can not see him featuring in a load of games next year hes just to usefull a player.

Fielding our strongest XI, he'll be on the bench, and i'm stone cold sober.

Given

Micah
Kompany
Onuoha
Bridge

De Jong
Barry
Ireland

Tevez
RSC
Robinho

And there's still the mumblings of; Eto'o, Kolo, Yaya, Lescott etc

More likely to be this IMO

-------------Given--------------
Micah---Kompany--Kolo---Lescott
-------Ireland------Barry--------
SWP----------------------Robbie
--------Tevez-------------------
--------------RSC/Eto-----------

Every game on its merits, at home I can see us playing

Barry
SWP Ireland Tevez Robbie
RSC / Eto o (if he signs)

Against top four side maybe he will interchange with Ireland allowing De jong to stiffen midfield, but by signing Tevez he will bring an extra work ethic into that midfield, that is how the rags have managed to play with only one central defensive holding midfield player.

We cant put Onuoha at the bench, he had fantastic games for us in the spring! Rather him than Kompany if Kolo comes.

SWP started well when he came back but has been unimpressive, by his standards, since then. How much of that was down to form or carrying an injury is difficult to say. The trouble is he plays every game at the moment and needs a rest sometimes. He started 27 league games last season and got 5 goals whereas it was 10 from 34 the season before he went to Chelsea. It will be better for us and him if wedidn't rely on him so much.

Challenger1978 said:
More likely to be this IMO

-------------Given--------------
Micah---Kompany--Kolo---Lescott
-------Ireland------Barry--------
SWP----------------------Robbie
--------Tevez-------------------
--------------RSC/Eto-----------

IF we complete the signings to get that lineup...
... then that team looks good enough to me, purely in terms of personnel, to compete for the title, never mind top 4. Obviously it usually takes time for them all to gel together so it's probably not likely to happen this season, but we do have the advantage of no european distractions (hopefully for this season only), so who knows what may be possible if things click early on, as they did with Sven's team?

on his day he is still the best english player on the right IMO and that is with the goggles off. Remember the derby at home last year? everytime he touched the ball the rags hacked him down he is so dangerous.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.