Sycamore Gap tree felled | Man in his 60s also arrested

they actually used the words 'wrong feller', lol.
They found a chainsaw at the property of a lumberjack? Well fuck me, it’s an open and shut case then. No other reason he’d have one of those lying around.

I was expecting like an older guy with an agenda against someone.
Maybe some OAP farmer fucked off over something. ha.

I’m shocked it’s a kid.

If it turns out to be this older guy I should be a copper. I posted the above when that 16yr old was arrested.

Taken from a Daily Mail article today - ‘Mr Renwick, 60, who has lived on the nearby farm his entire life, was evicted last week following a long-running dispute and now lives in a camper van nearby’.

Older guy - check
Agenda - check
Farmer - check

Might change my user name to Columbo. ;-)

If it turns out to be this older guy I should be a copper. I posted the above when that 16yr old was arrested.

Taken from a Daily Mail article today - ‘Mr Renwick, 60, who has lived on the nearby farm his entire life, was evicted last week following a long-running dispute and now lives in a camper van nearby’.

Older guy - check
Agenda - check
Farmer - check

More likely to be Vera up there.

They found a chainsaw at the property of a lumberjack? Well fuck me, it’s an open and shut case then. No other reason he’d have one of those lying around.

Yeah a bit loose isn't it. When the reports of the 16 and 60s year olds being arrested came out so quickly, I thought they probably had something half meaningful there to act so quickly. Rather than, the closest known farmer with a bit of a grudge against something not even that related.

According to other reports, his dispute over land is well known, and he supposedly threatened to cut the tree down previously. But his dispute is also with the Jesuits, rather than the National Trust. So, unless there is a link I don't know about seems a very ineffective way to fight or avenge his cause.

Stating the obvious, we don't actually know anything, there could be a lot more, or less to it in reality that the police have. It is just a comment on the articles, and what is out in the media.

Yeah a bit loose isn't it. When the reports of the 16 and 60s year olds being arrested came out so quickly, I thought they probably had something half meaningful there to act so quickly. Rather than, the closest known farmer with a bit of a grudge against something not even that related.

According to other reports, his dispute over land is well known, and he supposedly threatened to cut the tree down previously. But his dispute is also with the Jesuits, rather than the National Trust. So, unless there is a link I don't know about seems a very ineffective way to fight or avenge his cause.

Stating the obvious, we don't actually know anything, there could be a lot more, or less to it in reality that the police have. It is just a comment on the articles, and what is out in the media.
Well likely the chainsaw with either do for him or exonerate him as they’ll be able to test the bits of any tree attacked to its teeth.

Older guy - check
Agenda - check
Farmer - check

I can't fathom why someone would do this. Who would make themselves a hated figure for no apparent gain. Is he the village idiot?
Maybe he should be made to pay for the planting of 100 young trees

What is the maximum penalty for this, anyone know ?
Criminal damage to a memorial attracts a maximum sentence of 10 years’ imprisonment and a fine of £2,500

Last edited:
fair play to the lad but I suspect the National Trust under their own rules will be compelled to dig it up -I hope not

According to the Ranger they'll be letting it stay.

The National Trust have now removed it.

As you said, good effort by the lad and top marks for the good inventions. But, people should leave this to the professionals and custodians of the site now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.