Sympathy applause

Fred_Quimby

Don’t want to sound unsympathetic but...anyone else getting a little bit tired of people trying to get the crowd to applaud at particular times after the passing of members of the family/friends. It appears to me this is happening almost every week. I thought the club has a particular day of the year where fans who have passed are remembered, last home game of the year? Why must we do it during games? Am I being unsympathetic?

All loss is tragic to the family and, for me, very personal. Don’t want to upset people on here if this is very close to you as I am sure it is very raw for you. Should we be doing every game?

Don’t want to sound unsympathetic but...anyone else getting a little bit tired of people trying to get the crowd to applaud at particular times after the passing of members of the family/friends. It appears to me this is happening almost every week. I thought the club has a particular day of the year where fans who have passed are remembered, last home game of the year? Why must we do it during games? Am I being unsympathetic?

All loss is tragic to the family and, for me, very personal. Don’t want to upset people on here if this is very close to you as I am sure it is very raw for you. Should we be doing every game?

I'm absolutely bored fucking shitless with it.

Completely agree, it just detracts from the meaning and significance for people not personally involved when it’s every week.

I agree it should be stopped but unfortunately it's the age we live, many will want to continue the communal mass grieving.

Football in general has gone to pc. It’s like you feel pressurised to do and say What people want to hear. Bit like bluemoon:) the minutes applause is acceptable at the swamp though: it’s the only time they clap their hands for 90 minutes watching that shite

I always find it rather weird when I’m expected to join in with some clapping and haven’t got the foggiest what or who I’m clapping for.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.