Tactical analysis & discussion season 2022-23

The EDS and U18s could be used to show a particular system. Why risk senior points? Worth a gamble on another level. Then evaluate, improve and apply later

I've been thinking about this for a few days now especially after what Pep said about teams being quicker in the transitions. We have always been vulnerable on the counter attack but we have been far more clinical and have usually killed off teams alot sooner as we had pace in the team to deal with transitions and press from the front and we had Walker, Laporte & Stones in their prime. We were also very quick on the counter with Sterling, Sane, Foden, Aguero and Kev in his prime.

Our midfield has basically bossed the Prem since Pep arrived and have basically kept Klopps scousers from winning 4 titles.

I think Pep now wants control in the midfield as he believes there is a chance we will concede every time there is a transition as we just don't have the legs anymore to get back. Thats the midfield and defenders.

Big summer for Txiki, Pep & the club. We need to get the recruitment right and Pep needs to get his head on around how we play. If Klopp is given money then they will spend and one of my mates who thinks he is in the know with the scousers is adamant Bellingham is going to them and also Gvardiol. The RAGs have a good manager and is building something there.

We need to get it right, I know Pep doesn't like lots of change as it takes players time to adapt to his way but this team needs a serious injection now. Credit where credit is due as we are still in with a shout for 3 trophies but we literally have to play the perfect game to win.

I've been thinking about this for a few days now especially after what Pep said about teams being quicker in the transitions. We have always been vulnerable on the counter attack but we have been far more clinical and have usually killed off teams alot sooner as we had pace in the team to deal with transitions and press from the front and we had Walker, Laporte & Stones in their prime. We were also very quick on the counter with Sterling, Sane, Foden, Aguero and Kev in his prime.

Our midfield has basically bossed the Prem since Pep arrived and have basically kept Klopps scousers from winning 4 titles.

I think Pep now wants control in the midfield as he believes there is a chance we will concede every time there is a transition as we just don't have the legs anymore to get back. Thats the midfield and defenders.

Big summer for Txiki, Pep & the club. We need to get the recruitment right and Pep needs to get his head on around how we play. If Klopp is given money then they will spend and one of my mates who thinks he is in the know with the scousers is adamant Bellingham is going to them and also Gvardiol. The RAGs have a good manager and is building something there.

We need to get it right, I know Pep doesn't like lots of change as it takes players time to adapt to his way but this team needs a serious injection now. Credit where credit is due as we are still in with a shout for 3 trophies but we literally have to play the perfect game to win.
yes all this is true but I rather play brave and draw 3-3 than play cowardly and draw 1-1, that is the issue I have with pep. agree about our transfer failings of txiki and co.

yes all this is true but I rather play brave and draw 3-3 than play cowardly and draw 1-1, that is the issue I have with pep. agree about our transfer failings of txiki and co.
Pep mentioned it in his presser yesterday - when he had Sane, Sterling & Aguero we had pace and attacked differently, now with Grealish and Mahrez we have a different way.

I still think we need pace back personally

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.