Tactical genius

hilts said:
bluemanc said:
So we are all agreed it's despite mancini & not because of him that we are still in with a chance of the champs league,the italians are funny on this thread if they are italians that is.

just as it looked like it was agreed to settle our differences someone wants to start it up again
What differences ???i'm always right.
The 1st part of the post was more or less stolen off somebody else.

Would a genius have brought NDJ on in a game we were winning 6-0, terrible conditions when he knew one more yellow card and he gets suspended????

Benarbia said:
Would a genius have brought NDJ on in a game we were winning 6-0, terrible conditions when he knew one more yellow card and he gets suspended????

No big deal, doesn't really matter when he gets his yellow, he will get one at some point.

That is correct but saving him for Spuds, win but pick up a yellow card would have been my play

Skashion said:
Rammy Blue said:

Because if he gets ten before the second Sunday in April then he gets a two match ban, if not then he can get fourteen before the end of the season and not get any ban.

Hairy muff, didn't know that, I bow to your superior knowledge.

;)

Soulboy said:
hgblue said:
I can't understand why people struggle so much with the concept that you can be critical of a manager and still rate that manager very highly. It's not so difficult to grasp is it?

You're right. It's all about perceptions and opinions.

I was a kid in 1968 when City won the league. City were just about the best team in England during that period, and one of the best in Europe. Just three years earlier City were in the second division.

Happy days? For most of us, yes.

But even back then there was a sizeable minority called the "Main Stand Moaners" who were legendary for being ultra-critical of the team and club... Book... "too old"... Young... "too soft"... Coleman... "troublemaker"...

So in over 40 years we've have retained that freedom of speech and critical nous that has held us in such esteem over the years.

If people want to criticise while we're the champions of England, that's their choice... and if people now want to criticise while we are sat in our best league position in 30 years, that too is their choice.

I just prefer enjoying the moment. I was one of City's ultra-critical fans over these past dozen years... but now I'm surprisingly happy with my lot, and so now enjoy days out at Burnley and such like.

Nothing is ever perfect, so there is always ample opportunity to criticise, if that is your bag. We're all different.

I love Mancini, others don't. I hated Hughes, others didn't.

Que sera sera.

Great post mate.

I have only been match going since 1984 and all I've known is moaning, and Christ I've joined in and moaned my bollocks off for quite a large proportion of my match going days!!

However, I'm also feeling strangely Zen-like and peaceful at the moment. I've been saying for the past month that we'll have fourth place in the bag for the Spurs game. I've not done any real predicting of results to come to that conclusion, it's just a gut feeling because I really trust Mancini to get it spot on for the run-in.

For the record, I thought Hughes was a decent appointment but then I ended up wanting him out because I thought it became quite clear he could only take us so far. I though Mancini was a good appointment, after Wolves and Blackburn I thought he was a great appointment, then I was pulling my hair out with him because the way he was setting up the team was completely alien to me; but then I just decided to trust him because he knows a lot more about winning football matches at the top flight than I do, his CV proves that. I'm hoping that trust is going to pay off....I'm pretty sure it will.

m27 said:
Soulboy said:
You're right. It's all about perceptions and opinions.

I was a kid in 1968 when City won the league. City were just about the best team in England during that period, and one of the best in Europe. Just three years earlier City were in the second division.

Happy days? For most of us, yes.

But even back then there was a sizeable minority called the "Main Stand Moaners" who were legendary for being ultra-critical of the team and club... Book... "too old"... Young... "too soft"... Coleman... "troublemaker"...

So in over 40 years we've have retained that freedom of speech and critical nous that has held us in such esteem over the years.

If people want to criticise while we're the champions of England, that's their choice... and if people now want to criticise while we are sat in our best league position in 30 years, that too is their choice.

I just prefer enjoying the moment. I was one of City's ultra-critical fans over these past dozen years... but now I'm surprisingly happy with my lot, and so now enjoy days out at Burnley and such like.

Nothing is ever perfect, so there is always ample opportunity to criticise, if that is your bag. We're all different.

I love Mancini, others don't. I hated Hughes, others didn't.

Que sera sera.

Great post mate.

I have only been match going since 1984 and all I've known is moaning, and Christ I've joined in and moaned my bollocks off for quite a large proportion of my match going days!!

However, I'm also feeling strangely Zen-like and peaceful at the moment. I've been saying for the past month that we'll have fourth place in the bag for the Spurs game. I've not done any real predicting of results to come to that conclusion, it's just a gut feeling because I really trust Mancini to get it spot on for the run-in.

For the record, I thought Hughes was a decent appointment but then I ended up wanting him out because I thought it became quite clear he could only take us so far. I though Mancini was a good appointment, after Wolves and Blackburn I thought he was a great appointment, then I was pulling my hair out with him because the way he was setting up the team was completely alien to me; but then I just decided to trust him because he knows a lot more about winning football matches at the top flight than I do, his CV proves that. I'm hoping that trust is going to pay off....I'm pretty sure it will.

That is spot on and exactly how I feel about it now.

It's ALL about trust. You get a feel for a manager. you belive in him, you get to trust his decisions.

Hughes and Mancini could both make the exact same decision, yet I would trust Mancini before I would Hughes... why? Trust.

Mancini has done the rounds and you come to expect him to get it more right than not. Hughes has no track record to speak of so I always felt that he had a lot of catching up to do before I could trust him.

I know it's bizarre, and unfair. Biut it's the way the world works.

Brown or Cameron? Both say pretty much the same thing, but in the end you have to trust one above the other.

I too have a zen-like calm at the moment, in the belief that we are finally on our way. And no one is going to knock that out of me at the moment!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.