Taiwan.

I’m pretty sure it’s sabre rattling by the Chinese.

It surely must be. They don’t have the capability to take on the US and allies right now. Given how the US has reacted to a Russias invasion of Ukraine there can be little doubt in the Chinese mind that the risk of US intervention is too great to go into Taiwan now. The majority of the Chinese military is soviet knock off shit which, like most Chinese knock offs, look the part until you try and use them.

The Chinese are probably a decade away from being able to go toe to toe with the US but the gap is closing. The best way to win a war is to never have to fight one that’s why we, the Aussies, the yanks and the Japanese and anyone else who has interests in that region need to invest heavily in their naval forces capability to keep the Chinese always playing catch up and eventually accept there is only a diplomatic solution to the Taiwan question.

I’m pretty sure it’s sabre rattling by the Chinese.
This is ominous:

China's foreign ministry says the country is also suspending dialogue between senior US military commanders, talks over cross-border crime prevention and repatriating illegal migrants.

I think the Chinese will go for it, the US will do fuck all, not even sure the US can afford to sanction them.

Last edited:
The Chinese ambassador here gave a press club speech the other day more or less confirming that they will take over Taiwan.

The Chinese ambassador here gave a press club speech the other day more or less confirming that they will take over Taiwan.
Probably trolling the right wing in Oz. I think we all need to be aware of the threat China poses and over there even more so I suppose, but I've seen a few of your 60minute programs and they make fox news look sane and balanced.

Probably trolling the right wing in Oz. I think we all need to be aware of the threat China poses and over there even more so I suppose, but I've seen a few of your 60minute programs and they make fox news look sane and balanced.
Agree about 60 minutes, pure trash. Same with our Sky News.

This was a press club speech at lunchtime (our left wing) ABC.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.