Taiwan.

I had a quick Google of her and I agree with her politics and stance on most things. She actually seems genuinely principled and prepared to stand for what she believes - opposing Iraq invasion in post 19/11 USA took some balls I'd have thought. She does seem to pour petrol on the fire and antagonise though. Her post trump witch hunt for example - while just, was probably not what a deeply divided nation needed just at that moment, and this visit seems similarly lacking in emotional intelligence to say the least.
Her intentions are always good, she hates oppression, but goes about things undiplomatically.

Slight correction. The lease for Hong Kong was 99 years.
Just the New Territories.

HK Island was completely ceded to the British Empire in the 1840s however it was decided it wasn’t practical just to return the New Territories in 1997 so the whole lot was handed over. We could have legally hung on to HK Island but it probably wouldn’t have gone down particularly well.

Just the New Territories.

HK Island was completely ceded to the British Empire in the 1840s however it was decided it wasn’t practical just to return the New Territories in 1997 so the whole lot was handed over. We could have legally hung on to HK Island but it probably wouldn’t have gone down particularly well.
Used to love HK in the 80's when I worked there. We did a lot of HVAC on the then new HKSB building. (never seen bamboo scaffolding before that), Sunday's we went to Lamma Island, lovely quaint little island where people (some a bit hippy-ish) live. Great seafood and you could walk around the island afterwards, nice way to spend Sunday arvo.

Last edited:
Used to love HK in the 80's when I worked there. We did a lot of HVAC on the then new HKSB building. (never seen bamboo scaffolding before that), Sunday's we went to Lamma Island, lovely quaint little island where people (some a bit hippy-ish) live. Great seafood and you could walk around the island afterwards, nice way to spend Sunday arvo.
Had a day in HK in 1990/91 en route to Japan, flying into the old airport which was quite an experience. Was jet lagged so didn’t really make the most of it but managed a few beers in a titty bar.

Had a day in HK in 1990/91 en route to Japan, flying into the old airport which was quite an experience. Was jet lagged so didn’t really make the most of it but managed a few beers in a titty bar.
If you ever go again, go to McDonalds at The Peak. It has THE best view of any fast food joint from the outdoor seating.

1659656213623.png

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.